By helpme - 04/12/2013 04:05 - United States - Brockton

Today, I got a new chair at work. After spending 3 hours putting it together, I was called into my boss's office and let go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 565
You deserved it 5 723

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you spend three hours of your workday putting a chair together, I can sort of guess at the reasons why you were let go, to be honest...

If the new chair was the highlight of your job man then you shouldn't be too sad. Speaking of which though, your boss will probably take your new chair. Make sure you loosen a few screws...

Comments

Do you work at Ikea? If so i understand where your boss is coming from

Probably because it takes you 3 hours to put a chair together instead of actually working

TrollingStalker 16

Take the chair with you! it's not like they put it together.

Who cares who put it together it's company property.

If it were company property they probably would have built it for him. Maybe he bought a new ergonomic chair? A lot of my coworkers have their own chairs because of back problems.

Im no professional chair builder, but i'm pretty sure it shouldn't take you 3 hours to put together.

Unless the chair was just that complicatedly awesome!

I have this feeling that you were used...I guess the next guy will appreciate your efforts, eh? Sorry OP. That sucks.

Bigfabthetruth52 22

Thought i was the only one.it kinda seemed like the boss may have already wanted to fire him for something but waited until the most convenient time for himself to do so.

perdix 29

Chair assembler is a pretty crappy job and you were terrible at it! Try to find something you can do not in slow-motion.

1; take the chair with you 2; take it apart again

You probably got let go because you are the sort of person who thinks its appropriate to spend three hours doing something other than work. And I can't understand why it took three hours to do a half hour job.

Murilirum 23

I would let someone go too if it took them 180 minutes of paid time to put together a CHAIR. YDI in my opinion.

3 hours putting a chair together? You deserve to be fired that's almost half a work day