By Welp - 03/07/2016 12:39 - Romania

Today, I found out that my company used a nice photo of my coworkers and me for their corporate website, in efforts to make their office seem fun and relaxed. This wouldn't be so bad if they hadn't just fired every single person in the photo, myself included. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 314
You deserved it 1 097

Same thing different taste

Top comments

no one likes a fake bitch and your company sounds like a fake bitch

More details OP please.... Why was everyone in the photo fired?

Comments

no one likes a fake bitch and your company sounds like a fake bitch

More details OP please.... Why was everyone in the photo fired?

Probably because the company's manager is a massive cheapskate.

Maybe they were slacking off, boss takes photos to encourage a fun relaxed environment and then proceeds to fire them.

I was thinking they meant laid off, and are still maybe frustrated that they got laid off?

I guess because the company thinks that what people do in their free time is their business

Can you report them for that? Even if it's just claim they used a group photo without the consent of everyone in it?

@9: You do need consent to use photos for advertising purposes, but with pictures taken in the office or at company events consent is already implied. Some companies go so far as to add consent clauses to their employee hiring paperwork so no one can complain about their image being used for corporate promotional purposes. So there is probably nothing OP can do about the picture. UNLESS the picture wasn't taken at the office or at a company event. If the employees just got together after work and posted their group pictures from dinner to facebook, the employer could get in trouble for using personal photos without permission.

I'm pretty sure you can make a stern legal request to have your image removed, especially since you don't still work there.

Theyre technically using the photo for advertisement purposes though sooo maybe a stern legal approach would work? That or I know the canada and the states there are websites were you can review your employer.

"Yeah, that bunch of models we hired for the corporate photos are taking their end-of-contracts REALLY badly."

Le_ponderer 14

They cannot use your image for publicity without your express permission. See what your legal options are. Screw them for being two-faced, dream-crushers.

Are you about done with being proven wrong?

Unless you signed a contract/agreed to let them use the photo. Then you can sue for using your photo to draw in business without your permission.

Better pay attention to the sequential order of when you were all fired, OP. This could be another Final Destination happening.