By Shopgirl - 06/08/2009 13:14 - Australia

Today, I found a wallet on the train. I called the owner, who said he would come around and pick it up. When he finally did, he looked inside and screamed that his money was missing, and that I was a dirty thief. I never took a cent. He's filing theft charges against me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 428
You deserved it 4 436

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Uhg, I hate these kind of people, you try to help them out but then they have to go and be ass holes about it. FYL

I would tell him go ahead and file charges- he didn't SEE you take the money, which you didn't, and he can't prove it. End of story. This is why people don't do nice things anymore- cuz it bites them in the butt.

Comments

mrlucky4444 0

Some people are completely devoid of common sense

You were being helpful. It sucks that the person blames you. >:(

doubt charges would stand cause duh how manythirves would return the wallet.

The cops will figure out that a thief wouldn't be calling the guy to return his wallet. On the other hand, you've now got the asshole's address and phone number. Useful information for pranking his bitch ass later. Way later.

I call fake. 1: How did you call him? Who leaves their phone number in their wallet? 2. Why wouldn't you just mail the wallet to the address on the drivers' license, with no return address?

#23 you’re an idiot, a lot of people including myself leave their phone numbers in their wallet, why? 1. because it’s smart and i know if i ever lose it, people like OP will find it and call me to return it out of the goodness of their heart. 2. who the hell would ever mail a wallet back to a person? I never heard of that, if the owner was smart they would have just left a number inside, if not then too bad for them.

1 - Business cards, or a number left inside. My number is in my wallet (not incase I lose it, because I forget it) 2 - Why would you pay to mail it? It's probably about $5 to send, and you're doing them I favour by even telling them.

Tell him go ahead and file, and in return You are going to sue his ass for defamation of Character. Similar happened to me. At the mall in the food court, I found a purse belonging to a 16yo girl. I called the home number on the cellphone. She and her mom come to the mall to pick it up, taking an hour of my time to do it. The Mom looks inside and said "There was $20 in there, give it back. I stood up and Yelled "No Lady, I'm not interested in having Sex with your Daughter for $20!!!" (teen Prostitution is a problem at that mall). I walked away and as I was leaving I saw her being grilled by 2 mall cops.

fartmouth123 0

honestly, if you end up going to court, you most likely wouldnt get charged guilty for that. you FOUND the wallet. someone else took the money. theres nothing stable to pin you for it. just sayin.

Be sure to countersue for the cost of your defense.

notashrimp 0

he probably knew you didn't steal it and was probably trying to get some money from you.