By yee-whore - 18/10/2014 18:44 - United States - Waterbury

Today, I confronted my girlfriend after catching her cheating on me. After she finished crying, she had the brass balls to say she'd understand if I needed a couple of weeks to forgive her, and asked me for bus fare so she could go tell the other guy they could only be friends now. FML
I agree, your life sucks 43 307
You deserved it 3 787

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'd buy the ticket, but it would be out of town one-way.

i dont like saying ending relationships is the best way but in this case you'll be better off without her.

Comments

It's one thing to cheat on a partner, but she seems a bit cavalier about it and certain you'll forgive her. What is she going to do to try to rebuild the trust? If she can't answer that, you gotta dump the girl.

notsograceful121 13

It would be hypocritical of me to say that you should dump her since she cheated on you, because I've been in the same situation. I kissed my ex when he wouldn't stop pursuing me, and my boyfriend found out. He didn't dump me though, sure he was hurt, as he had every right to be, but he didn't leave me. It's been three years since then, and we are still together. I haven't cheated since and it really taught me a lesson on not putting yourself in a situation where you could hurt someone you love. The way you put it though, it sounds like she's been doing it for a while. You are probably better off moving on and finding someone better. Good luck OP!

I don't get it. Why is it that whenever a fml comes up where someone's cheating everyone is always saying "dump him/her"? Why is cheating considered so bad that you should just dump the person on the spot? In fact why is it even considered a bad thing to begin with?

It's a betrayal of trust and a giant "**** you" at honoring their partner's wishes. Even more than that, it risks the faithful partner's safety. If a partner cheats on theirs and contract an STD like HIV, then has sex with them, they've killed them.

If you want to be in an open relationship, it would be pretty wise to establish that from the start and find like-minded partners. Otherwise it's just plain disgusting to string someone along like that.

In this case, it's not so much the cheating but the attitude she took after she was caught--the "I'm sure you'll forgive me and can I have bus fare to tell the other guy we can only be friends."

Because you should have more self-respect than to stay with someone who can't reciprocate. There are plenty of other people in the world. Why stay with someone who's already proven they're untrustworthy?

"In fact why is it even considered a bad thing to begin with?" Seriously?

Did she really think you so stupid as to give her bus fare so she could go have "break up/last chance sex" with the other guy? My ex tried that crap & you know what...not one penny out of me, but the other guy did send a taxi to come & get her so I saved money & moved on

Never bother confronting. Just put any stuff that's theirs in a bag outside the door and cut contact. They don't deserve your time anymore

mthurston 14
sethr_di1999 7

brass balls, I can't stop laughing at that

She’s so stupid...I hope you broke up with her!