17

Customer Finds Maggots In McDonald's Ketchup Dispenser (VIDEO)

By Gloria Borger / lundi 8 octobre 2018 05:16
Video shows live maggots squirming in ketchup.

You may want to put down your snack, because this is about to get gross.

 

A woman went into a McDonald's in Cambridge, UK and came out with a viral video. Sounds great, right? Of course it's not. Didn't you read the title?

 

She found maggots, and lots of them.

 

Twitter user Isabella shared her disgusting experience on Wednesday, and it's accrued over 43,000 views so far. Her video shows the transparent spout of a ketchup dispenser with lots of tiny yellowish blobs in it. It looks weird at a glance, but then you realize they're moving.

 

 

Isabella followed up several times in the comments of her initial tweet, adding that she was ignored by staff, who continued serving customers when she informed them, and had to stop another customer from eating the ketchup because they weren't aware.

 

She eventually got to speak to a manager and emailed the company about the issue, but the damage is done. How many customers ate the contaminated ketchup before Isabella noticed the maggots? They must have been in there for at least a day or so, right? How infrequently do those dispensers get cleaned?

 

So many questions, so little time. McDonald's is launching an investigation, according to their response on Twitter, but we doubt we'll ever know the results.

 

 

If you've ever worked in fast food, help us out. Does this kind of thing happen often behind the scenes? If so, we're never eating out again.

Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
By  Nailah Butler  |  4

I am in food manufacturing and our controls are insane. I dont understand how restaurants can get away with such low standards when like us they are selling a product that will
be ingested by humans

Comments
Reply
  Nailah Butler  |  4

I am in food manufacturing and our controls are insane. I dont understand how restaurants can get away with such low standards when like us they are selling a product that will
be ingested by humans

Reply
  rodfergie  |  14

I ran restaurants for years. Those novels are made to be and supposed to be pulled and cleaned every night. Food safety and sanitary controls are immense, and take up a majority of employees time. That's why none of my customers ever got sick. This is an example of a very lazy management, staff, and food inspectors

By  cazziuz1983  |  5

speaking as someone who has made a career out of fast food,if the managers dont care then yeah stuff like this happens often.assuming proper procedures are followed then no it wouldnt happen that often,or ever for that matter. but as anyone who has ever worked fast food knows there are 2 ways of doing things:the proper way,and the way it is really done.
not saying its correct but that is how it is

By  Erbtosis  |  9

McDonald's has very good standards, so strict most of the time the health department is no sweat. I would also quit drinking the ice from there too. If they can't clean a pump nightly I doubt they clean their ice machines. All equipment needs to be cleaned regularly.

By  PhoenixChick  |  24

It entirely depends on the management. If the managers don't give a shit about making sure cleaning is done to corporate standards, lookout. Places I've worked were hospital level clean, because owners were terribly afraid of something like this and checked up on managers. One mistake, noticed by the wrong people, can destroy a business.

Similar
Loading data…