Controlling Girlfriend's List of 22 Rules Goes Viral
A story resurfaced this week about a list of paranoid relationship rules, and everyone's appalled all over again. If this your first time seeing this, don't feel left out. We're new here too!
It began with a tweet that's since been deleted, showing the list and explaining that it had been found in a traded-in vehicle. Before the tweet was taken down, it had over 15,000 likes and 5,000 retweets. Unfortunately for the poster, a lot of people (who need to learn to read, apparently) misunderstood the context and harassed his girlfriend, thinking she made the list. The internet is fun, eh?
The back-story regarding the list is unknown, and some suspect that the boyfriend in question had cheated, and that the rules were her conditions for taking him back. Even if that were the case, the extent of the demands is ridiculously unreasonable.
(Full list in plain text below.)
Don't let the emojis and cutesy doodles distract you: this is straight up abusive. Relationships should be build on love, respect, and trust... none of which can be found on that piece of paper. If you ever start getting demands like this from a significant other, please take a step back and reevaluate spending any more time with that person. There's nothing noble in staying with a person so paranoid that they can't respect you and your right to live freely.
We're not the only ones who think so, of course. Commenters from BoredPanda, Reddit, and Twitter were almost all in agreement that this shit shall not stand.
"She sounds crazy but it also sounds like he cheated and she took him back.” -PrincessTrunkse
"A classic example of what abusive behavior in women can look like. This isn't cute or sweet or just for anyone's own good, this is controlling." -wenamedthedogkylo
"Guarantee this girl is the cheater in a relationship." -Spleadal
"I literally just got training on this. At a lot of domestic violence situations if you look around you can easily find this list." -countybrownie
"I dated a girl who gave me a similar list. I couldn't stop laughing while i was walking home. It was a 3 hour walk." -Kaegroluhix
"Guess I can't have your number then...BYE!" -NessOnett
Here is the full list of rules again in plain text:
- You are NOT to have a single girls phone number
- You are NOT to follow them on any social media (including Instagram, Snapchat, and Twitter)
- You are NOT to hang out with Keegan (including his house or anywhere public)
- You are NOT to go to Honda without me
- You are NOT to hang out with your friends more than two times a week
- You are NOT to look at a single girl
- If girls come up to you at any place or anytime you are to WALK away
- Mo is to NOT hang out (with) us every time we hang out
- You are NOT to ask for h--d
- You are NOT to get mad at me about a single thing ever again
- You are NOT to bring up Tyler, Noah, Deven, or Josh ever again
- You are NOT allowed to drink unless I am with you
- I am allowed to do a phone check when EVER I please
- If we move in there are NEVER to be girls at our house
- If we move in together your friends will RARELY be allowed over
- If I catch you around girls I kill you
- You are NOT to ditch me for your friends
- Austin does NOT CONTROL WHEN I HANG OUT WITH YOU!
- We are to go on a legit date once every two weeks at least
- If I say jump you say “how high princess”
- You are to make sure you tell me you love me once a day at least so I know you’re not messing around
- You are to NEVER take longer than 10 mins to text me back.
So how about it then? Were you able to find a single reasonable request on that entire list?