By Laviolette - 23/02/2012 22:01 - France

Today, I was preparing dinner for my in-laws for the first time. Nervous, I accidentally spilled the pasta into the sink. With nothing else to prepare, I quickly scooped it all back out. No-one would have been any the wiser, if the kitchen sponge hadn't shown up in the middle of the meal. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 206
You deserved it 39 886

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Can I just say how unsanitary that really is? Ew.

Comments

How do you not notice that you put a sponge im there?

Hmm, cooking for the in-laws and the pasta "accidently" slipped. Not suspicious at all.

Cant wait to see what op post next time. Accidently put rat poison in the turkey stuffing

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
shanemaximo 7

Well it was either find the sponge or everyone wondering how they all got sick with the same horrible illnesses and parasites.

Elaine Benis would have appreciated it!

GovernorGeneral 8

45- i believe Spongebob Squarepants lives in a pinapple under the sea....

Aw shit homies, the sponge is here to collect his dues, take cover! It looks like he brought half of the French mafia with him this time! And the meal was just getting good. :(

mauguster 15

Anyone notice none of these comments above have anything to do with the post they're replying to? No? Just me then..

nightowl713 25

O this has nothing to do with anything on this post but, how does the moderation process work, yes to send through and no to keep it from posting, or yes to keep it from posting and no to let it through?

GovernorGeneral 8

I apologize 120 that was a typo. Thank you for correcting me.

illabye 0

OP theres something called Carry Out

Can I just say how unsanitary that really is? Ew.

Llamacod 11

Yes, tell us how unsanitary it is.

crazychick1269 7

Sponges are used to clean things therefor the pasta is now clean

^I like this guy's logic. From now on, I'll be adding sponge as my extra ingredient to clean my food.

I'd like his comment too, if it was actually factual and not just a joke. xD

So you don't like jokes, 81, just facts? I bet you're the life of the party.

sweettpie129 11

That's also why spongebob is always clean...

Icejza_DaChilla 7

She should have just admitted to her mistake instead of putting everybody's lives in danger.

Yum.....but that is sorta your fault..sorry op, but you should have checked whether anything came with it

IAdminIFlow 0

yeah, but hey looks like sponge cake isnt the only spongy food anymore ;)

Well OP, did you... Come "clean" about it in the end?

Or at least rinse it! Then you would've seen the sponge! Ick!!

Llamacod 11

There is a button for stupidity?

No. There is no button for stupidity. Sadly there doesnt appear to be a cure for stupidity. Its a rapid spreading disease!

goodfella925 0
IAdminIFlow 0

grammar nazi get a life correcting people on grammar that other people still understand isnt funny. it proves that you have a 1 inch dick.

hahaha ... "what is this?..." "oh its a uh.. piece of uh..uh..."

Get back to us when you find out what it is.

"It's a rare species of vegetable! It's really healthy for you! Oh yeah mom, it's supposed to have that spongy texture. That means it's working! Go on, have another piece!"

At least you get the flavoring of everything you have cleaned with that sponge...

Nothing like grimy grease to impress the in-laws

wolfshadow 4

I often spit in my sink when I have no other choice. I'm sure that would be delicious :)

akg98 13
AJRand 14

That's one way to cleanse your innards.

Smooth.. How did you not notice an entire sponge!?

MwahFMLS 6

Or a lot of pasta and the sponge was buried in there?

GovernorGeneral 8

Its all a part of her evil genius plan to take down the reign of the in-laws.

nofearjenshere 12

10- Every time you comment, I stare at your picture trying to figure out how you made that face. Haha.

iloveqts 8

You are a beautiful man! Sorry for the weirdness, just had to share my thoughts :)

111, He contracted his facial muscles, and rotated his head slightly. For more answers to complex questions like this, you should consult with anyone over the age of 10.

Wait just one darn second! When I compliment, my comments some how disappear.... I'm starting to wonder if it's just me.... and if it is, I'm not surprised.

I noticed that too.. I went to reply and was like.. Whaaa.. Huh?? For some reason everyone seems to comment on my face in a negative light. This weekend I'm changing my picture to my ass, thoughts?

Comments keep disappearing! OH THE HUMANITY!

Jakesterk96 8

Yea, because a sponge will do just that.

Why couldn't you just tell them what happened and apologized then ordered take out? That's just nasty.

It MUST be a new type of pasta!!! Look, it's yellow and it was in the middle of it all, and it grows softer when soaked in water. Don't worry about it, it's probably a new type of marketing technique.

crstl 4

Keep your day job, unless you're a salesman.