By annie - 14/10/2018 12:00

Today, my mother-in-law visited. She saw my 5-year-old son rip open a chip bag, causing chips go everywhere. She got up in his face and started screaming at him about how he has an "attitude problem". He doesn't, he's autistic and genuinely has trouble with food packaging. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 330
You deserved it 248

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Kico McAwesome 9

What a complete b*tch no matter if he's special needs or not she soukdnt ever talk to another person's child that way. I am sorry she did that. You must be very unhappy I hope your husband speaks. With her about this.

maroongrad 13

You don't scream at a five year old. Period. My little girl is 4 and also on the spectrum, and while my family is excellent...if they weren't? She wouldn't see them until she was 18 and could make that decision herself, or they bent over backwards and changed their ways. This is a huge FML for your little boy, and it's one for you UNLESS you knew that she was a b*tch and this wasn't shocking and surprising...and you kicked her out in seconds.

Comments

Kico McAwesome 9

What a complete b*tch no matter if he's special needs or not she soukdnt ever talk to another person's child that way. I am sorry she did that. You must be very unhappy I hope your husband speaks. With her about this.

maroongrad 13

You don't scream at a five year old. Period. My little girl is 4 and also on the spectrum, and while my family is excellent...if they weren't? She wouldn't see them until she was 18 and could make that decision herself, or they bent over backwards and changed their ways. This is a huge FML for your little boy, and it's one for you UNLESS you knew that she was a b*tch and this wasn't shocking and surprising...and you kicked her out in seconds.

The_candyman 13

But it's fun to scream at 5 year olds. they need a parent who has a back bone. I remember when crying for stuff I was always asked do I need a real reason to cry. I tell my kid the same thing for the past 4 years and shes almost 8.

Your parents disgust me. What kind of monster threatens a child like that?!

The_candyman You deserve to be screamed at. And smacked. In the mouth.

There is no reason to let her see the grandchild any more. Any child at 5 can struggle with packagings, hey, even adults not always open them smoothly. I assume she knows there is a reason why stuff is more challenging to a particular child. She does not deserve to be around the child and child doesn't deserve to around toxic her.

That’s when you get in HER face about HER attitude problem. If not then show her the door.

The_candyman 13

Really want to know what you did. I kicked my mom out of my apartment before because she didnt respect me and my family. Hope you didnt show your child you wont stand up for them. that would be the true fml. If you know your child has a problem with food packaging who gave them an unopened food package? dont set your child up for failure not sure it was a learning experiance for your child or you.

Maybe the child went and got the food themselves? Or said they wanted to try to open it? 5 year olds, whether or not they are neurotypical, tend to have an major independent streak.

screwyousideways 17

this is my biggest nightmare. because I will ban my mother if she disrespects my children by deciding she knows how to raise my future children better than I do...

Slap the stupid bitch and don’t let her near your child again

Be like Beyoncé in the movie “Obsessed.”

Your mother in law is a moron. how does she not know your son is autistic?

Arokthis 21

Won't believe it, won't listen, too narcissistic to care. Take your pick.

Sorry to hear that either way, OP. I've known many kids on the spectrum in my short teaching career, each is unique. They are wonderful kids. good luck with the in-laws.

Sounds like your mother-in-law is on the spectrum, the bitch spectrum.