By farts - 22/11/2018 17:30

Today, my brother who routinely marred my life by stealing from me, fighting me, and isolating me from my own family, made his hollow AA apology to me so he'll feel better. My parents employ him, bought his car and house, and pay his insurance. I've been in poverty. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 399
You deserved it 221

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TeacherTeacher 11

You can't fulfill step 9 with an apology. The person has to make amends. "Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others." He needs to repay the money he stole, clear the air with your family, and apologize for fighting with you or he is not following the steps.

I’ll drink to that! Maybe you should, too. If your parents support drunks, maybe you should hop off the wagon. Bottoms up!

Comments

I’ll drink to that! Maybe you should, too. If your parents support drunks, maybe you should hop off the wagon. Bottoms up!

maroongrad 13

A couple fun options. a) Fake an opiate addiction to suddenly miraculously gain parental support. b) Keep a record of all this stuff and when it comes time to pick their nursing home, pull it back out!

Once your psrents pass, he won't have shit You'll pick yourself up He'll probably become a homeless booze head Time catches up

He’ll have the house, the car and probably inherit the business.

TeacherTeacher 11

You can't fulfill step 9 with an apology. The person has to make amends. "Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others." He needs to repay the money he stole, clear the air with your family, and apologize for fighting with you or he is not following the steps.

Peaches1914 13

At the time I have read your comment there was one dislike, I bet it’s the brother.

Also Alchies are really good manipulators. I can see how he may well have gotten you here. Being self absorbed enough to become a useless drunk tends to be comorbid with NPD.

They can all go **** themselves. That proves that favoritism is strong within your family. Not only are they supporting his awful behaviors, they are also encouraging them. You don't need any of that unfairness and negativity in your life.

MamaChey 24

I can say with near certainty that OP’s parents got Bro a house to keep him from showing up at theirs with his suitcases. Seems to me that the parents have the right to spend THEIR OWN MONEY on whatever the hell they want. $5 says that OP is the youngest. Any older sibling knows EXACTLY what I’m saying.

I my experience it would be the youngest one getting all the extra help.

Your parents and you brother are Assholes

kade 2

That sucks so bad.. I’m sorry

I unfortunately understand how you feel. My brothers steal my stuff, beat me up and chase away every boyfriend I've ever had, yet when I called the cops on one of them for beating me up, I was the one that got the dvo put on me and thrown out of the house 😐 my 30yr old brother abused my dad and lives rent free while mum and I live pay to pay with chronic depression