By tillybonkers - 26/09/2018 22:00

Today, I helped a guy in a flaming car by busting his window to get him out. I didn't realize until after the crash scene was cleared, that I didn't just have his blood on me, but I also had cut from the window. Round 3 of HIV testing here I come. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 131
You deserved it 292

Same thing different taste

Top comments

DraftHail614 17

Honestly, good on you for helping OP. I mean it. I personally am hesitant to help people even in situations like those especially because of the things I've read on here. Downvote if you want, but I'm being honest here. Helping people lately just seems to get people in trouble. However, I'm not saying that people shouldn't help if a situation like that occurs.

bonsai 11

That was an amazing thing you did

Comments

DraftHail614 17

Honestly, good on you for helping OP. I mean it. I personally am hesitant to help people even in situations like those especially because of the things I've read on here. Downvote if you want, but I'm being honest here. Helping people lately just seems to get people in trouble. However, I'm not saying that people shouldn't help if a situation like that occurs.

FML is not real life, it focuses on a very tiny small part of life. It is rare you get in trouble for helping someone.

bonsai 11

That was an amazing thing you did

The victim’s blood could have gotten in the cut caused by the glass.

He got cut when he busted the glass. If the person he saved had a blood-borne infection, it's entirely possible OP cold contract it through the cuts on his hands.

Round 3? What have you been doing? Also, no good deed goes unpunished ... ever.

I'm going to be charitable and assume you (OP) work in emergency medicine. Maybe invest in a chain mail shirt?

I get tested after every major medical procedure. I know it’s super rare, but it’s my luck. Op, I’m sure everything will work out for you. Maybe the person you saved will release that part of their medical history so the wait isn’t as stressful.

If you saw the car was flaming, you should have worn protection before getting involved. Flaming implies a higher risk of HIV/AIDS.

That was a truly brave thing you did, OP. I hope all your tests turn out negative.

Round 3? Are you banging crack ****** or something?

Whiskey547 6

Poor guy, not only wrecked his car but now he may have AIDS, what a shame.