By 43vera10n3 - 19/09/2018 01:58 - United States - Huntsville

Today, I found out that my best friend, the love of my life, is no longer engaged. He's now married. I wasn't invited. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 339
You deserved it 712

raven_of_azarath tells us more.

This actually happened a few months ago, and I was more upset that I wasn’t invited cuz my roommate I was good friends with had also just gotten married but didn’t invite me, despite me having been part of the proposal, and I found out that I wouldn’t be able to afford to travel to my brother’s future wedding that I have been invited to. I am moved on now, and while he will always hold a special place in my heart, I’m in a fully committed relationship now that I can see leading to marriage one day.

Top comments

do you think maybe you weren't invited because he knows about your apparently intense feelings? which I assume by getting married, he doesn't share. doesn't excuse him from not at least giving you a heads up.

OP, I just read your reply and you seem like a jealous, bitter ex-girlfriend. If your best friend didn't invite you to his wedding, that says more about you than it does him. I hope he has a great marriage to his wife.

Comments

do you think maybe you weren't invited because he knows about your apparently intense feelings? which I assume by getting married, he doesn't share. doesn't excuse him from not at least giving you a heads up.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Having a baby is a good reason to get married.

...and that's why you were not invited :/ Handling unrequited feelings can be hard, but whether it was a rushed decision just because she got pregnant or not, at a church or a courtroom, is not for you to judge. To me it sounds your friend is taking on responsibility for his kid and his now-wife, and I assume part of that is to remove influences that create tensions. Maybe take this as the right time to draw the line and move on.

OP, I just read your reply and you seem like a jealous, bitter ex-girlfriend. If your best friend didn't invite you to his wedding, that says more about you than it does him. I hope he has a great marriage to his wife.

she's not an ex girlfriend though. she's a friend.

Emma Marshall 19

How the **** does she seem bitter. Can you even read?

Yeah as the bride I wouldn't want the pining best friend at my wedding either. And other women usually have a sixth sense for that.

Exactly. Well said. And, yes, we do. 😊

This actually happened a few months ago, and I was more upset that I wasn’t invited cuz my roommate I was good friends with had also just gotten married but didn’t invite me, despite me having been part of the proposal, and I found out that I wouldn’t be able to afford to travel to my brother’s future wedding that I have been invited to. I am moved on now, and while he will always hold a special place in my heart, I’m in a fully committed relationship now that I can see leading to marriage one day.

Sorry OP, but you seem a little too intense in your relationships and maybe that's where your issues come from. A few months ago, you were convinced your ex was the love of your life and now you're with someone new that you already see as a potential husband? Don't you think you're investing yourself a little too fast in these relationships? I'm not saying that to be mean, but be sure to be on the same page as your partner.

If you moved on then you wouldn't be submitting an FML about it months later.

I’m actually not as serious as my current boyfriend. And I’m not saying I will marry him, I just see the potential. And part of the reason I was still so into my ex is cuz I was holding on to the past. It had been 2.5 years since we dated, and in that time he had a few other relationships then got married. I was stuck with no one bothering with me, the one date I had I was stood up. I was still in love with who he was then, not who he is now. Realizing that helped me move on.

StagGT 13

If you guys dated I'm not surprised you weren't invited. My wife and I decided straight off that, despite us both being friends with some of them, we wouldn't invite any exes to our wedding. I think that's pretty common. Also, probably the answer to why you weren't invited is in your FML - you clearly aren't over him and one or the other of the partners knows that. Or presumably both since they likely discussed it. Move on. There is no such thing as The Love of Your Life - believing that nonsense will stop you finding someone you can love as much as you did him.

Mathalamus 24

Oh well. Life goes on. Maybe talk to your best friend? But it's probably all on you for failing to make a move years or so ago.

bluhbluhbluh 14

I don't know... maybe it's for the best?

if they were engaged you should of seen this coming

I did, I just didn’t see it happening a month or two after getting engaged. Though it’s still not the quickest I’ve known. My dad got remarried a week and a half after proposing. He texted me after to tell me it had happened and said he wished I could have been there, but he hadn’t thought to invite me beforehand.

Either you're incredibly unlucky, or there's a particular reason why so many people failed to invite you to weddings. I can't blame this person for not inviting you though. It's pretty rude to your spouse to invite exes and people you know to have feelings for you to your wedding.

are you really best friends if he didn't invite you?