By Dediti - 14/06/2016 16:26 - United Kingdom - Luton

Today, I finally got to see the professional photographs taken at the wedding I recently attended. I can't find a single picture of myself that I like. I was the bride. FML
I agree, your life sucks 13 032
You deserved it 1 840

Dediti tells us more.

Hey guys: OP here. You're probably right to a degree about it being my issue. I'm not the most confident, I gained a lot of weight and I was hospitalised 2 days before the wedding so I was pretty ill. On the other side of the coin the photographers insisted on some outside photos and it was raining that misty rain... so my hair and makeup were ruined. The photos are all very natural and taken as you see them, not much in the way of editing so flaws are there for all to see. The girls were lovely and I've seen some of their other work and it was stunning. I guess maybe I don't have a flattering angle! Some of my guests candids were alright so I'll use those.

Top comments

When in doubt, photoshop the problems out. Believe it or not, I am just a lowly sunflower of the species Bidens tripartita, but with a few clicks in Adobe's brilliant photo editor, some environmental lighting, red eye reduction, clone-stamping, etc., I can create the impression of a human face. It's a miracle!

Easy solution. Hire another photographer, rent out the venue, get another marriage license, invite the guests again, and recreate the whole day.

Comments

On a day of immense personal value? Who'da thunk it?! It's not like large groups of people are going to gather around her wedding album, point, and say in unison, "we all take issue with the quality of these photos!"

Easy solution. Hire another photographer, rent out the venue, get another marriage license, invite the guests again, and recreate the whole day.

BlockOfRedStone 25

Or just throw on your dress and go to a nice outdoor place like a park and take some more photos with just you and your husband with a good photographer, then check that you like them

Wedding photos can be such a bride ;)

I don't even understand what pun you were trying to make

Maybe he thought replacing bitch with bride seemed funny because they both start with a B.

When in doubt, photoshop the problems out. Believe it or not, I am just a lowly sunflower of the species Bidens tripartita, but with a few clicks in Adobe's brilliant photo editor, some environmental lighting, red eye reduction, clone-stamping, etc., I can create the impression of a human face. It's a miracle!

I think we need a follow up on this FML because it can either be that the photographer was bad or that OP doesn't think pictures of herself are good. There are way too many details that we don't know yet haha so we need to see whose "fault" it is I think.

a) are you sure that the pictures are that bad, or are you just being too hard on yourself? We put a lot of emphasis on having The Perfect wedding and it can be hard to remember that the event itself might not look like your Pintrest board. That's okay! b) Even if the pictures truly are awful, sometimes in the long run those are the pictures you like best. I mean, it might suck right now, but in twenty years you'll be showing this photos to people like "wow, can you believe that haircut? what a wonky face!" and it'll be a way better story than just "look at this generic wedding photo." c) The good news is that you and your spouse have the rest of your lives together to take great pictures together! And now you know which photographer to avoid for the anniversary party. Congrats on getting married, OP, I hope you and Spouse are very happy together :)

Photoshop: It works for the professionals.

StormGirl142 24

I feel you. My grandma paid for my wedding and invited my cousin to do the photos because "he takes good pictures." I begged her and my husband both to hire a professional, but they didn't want me to hurt his feelings. Safe to say, I didn't get the photos I wanted. At least you'll have the beautiful memories :)

I recently had a class trip to DC and when we got the photo books, I was in one photo besides the photo of the whole grade. It was of my back and it looked like I was stretching. There was a kid from another school that somehow got in more photos than me

I am side you were a beautiful bride. :) congrats on the wedding.