By ilovemom - 21/01/2010 05:41 - United States

Today, holding my newborn baby and yearning for some affection from my mother, I asked my mom what the best day of her life was, hoping she would say the day I was born. Her answer? "The day you moved out." She was serious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 253
You deserved it 6 656

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lametroll 0

The day you were born? Don't be stupid. That would have been most definitely the most PAINFUL day of her life — unless you had siblings, which were born with super-massive heads — in which case, she might've been somewhat relieved. I surely would be. Then again, I'm a man, and have no plans to ever have kids. Why am I still typing? No one knows, yet here we are. You're still reading. You could've stopped a while back. Uh — err, yeah, bye.

"The day you moved out..." perhaps this isn't because you'd left but because mother was relieved that she'd raised a responsible adult capable of looking after themselves well enough start out on their own...

Comments

of course she was serious.. and it's not an FML.. It is a reality for everyone.. At least, me and you anyway.. So, I guess, FML?

God, these FML's that end with "She was serious" are hella annoying.

first? kill yourself you self involved pile of shit.

iCrazie 0

I get what you mean. it's annoying as hell

#10 took the words rite out of my mouth

bleeeek 0

I know right!! I mean obviously the person op is talking about(in this case the mom) was serious or the op wouldn't of posted this as an FML in the first place!!

ur pic looks faggy. out a shirt on doucher.

Today, I got critiqued by a question mark.. He said my picture looked faggy.. And he told me to put a shirt on.. I'm really cut, and I don't know how to react, or if I'll ever recover.. FML.

lickmyjock 0

Damn and I thought you were going to drop your baby on it's head. Slightly disappointed. Oh and FIRST for the second time today!!

yeah, you failed, but the ACTUAL first poster was even gayer. You should have been first :P

xlostwithoutu 0

Haha nope ur second u just lost the game. And I hope ur mom was JK because that's harsh.... FYL if she was serious

_MissBliss_ 0

Oh, this is common, let's not be too sensitive.

dorworters 9

yeah she got what she deserved for looking for attention. damnit, i hate these people

lametroll 0

The day you were born? Don't be stupid. That would have been most definitely the most PAINFUL day of her life — unless you had siblings, which were born with super-massive heads — in which case, she might've been somewhat relieved. I surely would be. Then again, I'm a man, and have no plans to ever have kids. Why am I still typing? No one knows, yet here we are. You're still reading. You could've stopped a while back. Uh — err, yeah, bye.

looks like someone does not have a sense of humour

Well, what did you expect. You'd spent the last x number of years eating her food, keeping her from doing certain things she wanted, costing her extra money, though higher bills, money for clothes, school supplies, etc. and generally being a pain in the ass for some of those years, since most kids go through a phase. Don't take it personally, but yeah, your mom probably likes having you out of the house and being able to do the things she wasn't able to do when you were younger. It doesn't mean she doesn't love you, it just means she likes having a life independent of you.

Oh, hell, I really hate using this argument, but, seriously... (grand)mom knew (or should have known) that all those downsides are part of being a parent. And yet she still chose to have children. While it's true that she could have had a change of heart after all those years, F her L for not recognizing the best moments of her parentage, ESPECIALLY with her granddaughter right there in front of her to remind her. OP, Good for you that you don't have your mother's cynicism yet. I hope you always recognize the joys of parenting and never grow to think of your children as burdens.

oh come on people! OPs mom probably meant it was the best day of her life because she was proud that her daughter was growing up and going out in the world on her on. op, you deserve it for even thinking that this is an FML. I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for oversensitive people...

poorjudgement 26

She wasn't oversensitive. She understood correct, and you might be the only person having different point of view, which really is good for you, at least most of the time. However, some kids are great, real blessing for their parents. Others are real pain on the ass. Some are in between. Similae goes for parents. In this particular case, I'd puty money on: OP well deserved that for putting her mother through God knows what, during her youth age, and is foolish for thinking that parents have genetic obligation to forgive and forget mistakes of their kids. However, her mother should not be so open on such a day. On the other hand, ot might be that OP well deserved that, too.

Why do you think she thought that? The mother gained a lot of freedom and move privacy when her child moved out. I can understand her excitement and there's nothing wrong about being happy about it.