By Annie - 01/11/2018 22:15

Today, the CEO of my company told me the only reason I'm being sent to this huge tech conference is because the company will look better with a girl there. I'm expected to stay out until 4am with creepy rich business partners to stroke their egos. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 305
You deserved it 252

Same thing different taste

Top comments

ohsnapword 21

Won't be so bad as long as they don't ask you to stroke something else.

You can refuse, you know. It's not up to you to take care of them. And if you're threatened with termination, walk. They seriously don't seem to value you as an employee.

Comments

ohsnapword 21

Won't be so bad as long as they don't ask you to stroke something else.

You can refuse, you know. It's not up to you to take care of them. And if you're threatened with termination, walk. They seriously don't seem to value you as an employee.

It's the CEO of the company asking her to do that, I don't think HR is going to be much help...

HR is there to protect employees from bad management and CEOs. If she's being asked to do something soley based in her sex, then that's a case for HR.

Work It! Remember you’re a SHARK and they pray. Devour them and work it for a raise! Remember your valuable and it’s all a game and you are the power player!

Please be careful. I have heard too many horror stories that begin just like this. See if you can bring a friend or someone you absolutely trust

You should be thanking your lucky stars. As a guy I would kill for networking opportunity like that.

You'd kill for the chance of being potentially sexually harassed by creepy entitled old men?

That is what she's assuming. That is not what's going to happen and doesn't happen these days. I've gone to these conferences before, they are great networking events, and can help your career tremendously. She is just feeling that she's being told to be a hooker, and there's no way any boss would send her for that. She is being sent so her boss looks more enlightened by sending a female. I am saying that I would kill to go, because I change careers and since I'm older than all my bosses in my new field they would never send me, and I would love a chance to network with people above me.

kricket5 19

Thank her lucky stars? Wtf? She isn’t being given a networking opportunity. She’s being asked to be the ******* entertainment. It’s disgusting.

BS... She admitted she was sent because she's a woman. Her boss is doing this to show how enlightened and progressive he and the company is.

cazziuz1983 9

It doesn't sound like she's meant to be the entertainment, sounds like her ceo is wanting to appear to be a forward thinking company, if you all read more than that in this fml... Then you have real issues

If you stroke more than egos, you’re sure to get a rise, and maybe even some tips.

tounces7 27

Eh, that's the high end business world for you, no matter what your sex is, it's always ****** up. If you were a guy you probably would have been expected to buy them some "entertainment" for the evening.

kricket5 19

She’s isn’t a guy being asked to buy entertainment. She’s a woman being asked to BE the entertainment. It’s disgusting and it shouldn’t be accepted.

PenguinPal3017 19

Look at the positives. You have an opportunity to advance your career that you wouldn't otherwise have.

kricket5 19

This is NOT an opportunity to advance her career.

Paul B. Gyurcsanszky 14

I would look for a new job and talk to a lawyer about a sexual harassment case.