This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By InnocenceBlue - 17/11/2018 21:00 - Australia - Perth

Today, I am yet again doing two management jobs for minimum wage. Whilst drowning in paperwork, a coworker asked me asked me to "be a dear" and file and hole punch a mountain of documents for him. He then demonstrated how to use a hole punch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 297
You deserved it 105

Top comments

Many people say that if you do minimum work, you get minimum pay. I've witnessed several times that maximum work doesn't always help you either.

Is your coworker your boss? Does what he/she request align with your duties?

Comments

Many people say that if you do minimum work, you get minimum pay. I've witnessed several times that maximum work doesn't always help you either.

Is your coworker your boss? Does what he/she request align with your duties?

Could be the boss's favorite. If so, OP is screwed.

Fairwork exists for a reason you know. You do have rights in this country, unlike... some other ones where workers can get screwed like this and have no recourse. ---- Edit: If you're in an industry with unions, i hope you're in a union; go to your union rep ASAP. If you aren't in a union, you'll need to do the legwork yourself... so... 1. Check your award, if you aren't on an award, compare what you currently do to your contract of employment's scope. If it's outside scope, stop doing it. If they fire you as a result, that's unfair dismissal. 2. If you're on an award, compare what you do to the responsibilities pay brackets, if you meet the requirements for a higher pay bracket, document everything you do and for how long; inform your boss you want backpay in accordance with their responsibilities of upholding the award; if they refuse, make a claim with fairwork. 3. Get a new job asap. This company obvious feels like they can con you out of pay that you are actually entitled to since you don't seem to know what your rights are.

I hope you said no and told him to go do it himself. You need to learn to stand up for yourself OP. You can't keep letting your job run all over you like this.

Jorn van der Ar 13

If you agreed to do management job for minimum wage - YDI.

whiskey'swino 15

Why do people feel the need to treat others like moronic children? Because you earn minimum wage you have never heard of a paper hole punch? Maddening.

If you earn the same as your subordinates, why would they respect your author-I-tay? To them, you’re just a bossy coworker.

You should of stapled the paperwork to your coworkers forehead. What a jerk.