By CARAPPY LUCK - 27/09/2017 16:04

Today, the transmission on my brand new car went out. I bought it last month when the transmission on my old car went out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 824
You deserved it 327

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Finally, just the hero Marvel needs. After a freak transmission malfunction—that also somehow involved gamma rays—one person was endowed with the ability to disable any transmission, turning them into: TRANSMAN. We can work on the name.

Look and see if your location has "Lemon" Laws, and if your new car would fall under them if it does. For a transmission to fail that soon after purchase- barring gross mistreatment- there was either a manufacturing error or preexisting damage that they did not inform you of.

Comments

Look and see if your location has "Lemon" Laws, and if your new car would fall under them if it does. For a transmission to fail that soon after purchase- barring gross mistreatment- there was either a manufacturing error or preexisting damage that they did not inform you of.

No, lemon law would not apply here. Lemon laws are for vehicles that repeatedly fail. This would just be a warranty repair.

Lemon laws vary on location- some states, this WOULD fall under lemon laws. Hence why I said check.

Finally, just the hero Marvel needs. After a freak transmission malfunction—that also somehow involved gamma rays—one person was endowed with the ability to disable any transmission, turning them into: TRANSMAN. We can work on the name.

It does need work. TRANSMAN implies male gender. How about The Undroppable Tranny? I think gearheads and Caitlyn Jenner might approve.

Is it CARAPPY LUCK (great username, by the way!) or SHITTY SHIFTING?

Contact the seller and see if they can transmit you your money back.

Lobby_Bee 17

New cars have warranty, it's nothing to worry about.

Geez, you have serious bad luck with cars. But the dealership should fix that or you, given it's been only a month since you bought the car.

lkb307 21

Listen, sounds to me like you are doing something wrong.If you drive an automatic you need to make sure you totally stop in one direction (reverse) before shifting to the other. Also don't over use the "manual" setting.

I have to assume it’s still in warranty - Inconvenient, but not a tragedy.

Are you driving a manual transmission? If so, you need some lessons. May I recommend an automatic?

Pro-tip: When buying a car with a manual transmission, ensure you actually know how to drive a manual transmission beforehand!