By asdfghjkl - 07/04/2018 19:00

Today, it took me four tries to find the right position to swipe my debit card. My mom screamed "Oh, for God's sake, why don't you ever get it right the FIRST time?" She then apologized to the cashier for having "such a stupid child". FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 077
You deserved it 921

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Get a chip card, or a new mom. I think chip card would be easier and less judgmental.

You completely deserve it. Card readers have a little picture on them that shows you the right way to do it.

Comments

You completely deserve it. Card readers have a little picture on them that shows you the right way to do it.

nentenkupo 16

I don't think she deserves to be belittled by her mom. Judging by what her mom said, being around her could make her more nervous, hence not being able to do it right on the first try. Either way, talking down to someone, ESPECIALLY in front of somebody else, it's am extremely disrespectful and inconsiderate thing to do.

I honestly would probably just laugh woth the cashier lol

Hmm... hasn't this FML been posted before?

jello_bellied_snack_snapper 18

i was thinking the same thing! but now i cant find the old one. hmm...i think the matrix is broken!

Get a chip card, or a new mom. I think chip card would be easier and less judgmental.

It’s hard to be sure what’s really happening. Sometimes credit card scanners are iffy, and sometimes people are just confused about which way to scan the stripe. And sometimes people are clumsy and cannot swipe a card in a smooth straight path. It sounds like OP and their mom have some “baggage” between them. Maybe the mom is too judgmental, or maybe OP is a slow learner or has been in the past. It could be both.... OP - Sorry this happened to you. But you do need to learn to use a credit card scanner efficiently.

Lobby_Bee 17

Tell your mom to calm her ****, she might pop a vessel.

Good to know my parents had more kids after they disowned me.

Donut_Wizard 23

Sadly enough, 25% of my customers are just like this. And many of them try to swipe their card through the top of the device where the clamp of the stand is.

I mean, depending on if you're an only child, you can always let her know she didn't get it right the first time either.

I would have apologized to the cashier for having such a bitchy mother.

voncrane 23

Best to look in the mirror before referring to your mum as bitchy. This scenario hardly constitutes as a bitchy moment.