By wtfmama - 04/05/2013 12:51 - United States - Hudson

Today, I walked into the living room to find my 11-year-old daughter about to kiss her "not my boyfriend" on the lips. When I asked what she thought she was doing, she peeled a piece of scotch tape off her lips and said, "It's okay! We're using protection." FML
I agree, your life sucks 74 173
You deserved it 11 240

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Smart kid. She seems like the responsible sort.

flockz 19

scotch tape isn't safe enough. as her mother i hope you suggested duct tape.

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
relaxedninja 18

Thats what i was thinking...

I felt really disheartened when I saw there were no comments.

I know, your life is so terrible. NO COMMENTS! Oh my god, whatever shall we do??!!?

"Today, I went on FML to read the comments on a new post. There were no comments. FML."

CharresBarkrey 15

27 FML's posted, 1? Holy shit. Just how bad IS your life?

flockz 19

J08J is the first person ever to be disheartened to get first comment.

**** your life because why? atleast she's using protection?

Smart kid. She seems like the responsible sort.

I think it's ******* adorable :) if that was my daughter I'd have to fight to keep from chuckling.

This FML made my day. I would have had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing, because it sounded like she was really serious, and embarrassing a tween usually doesn't end well. Later, the two of us would have a "girl talk" so she could have a basic understanding of what protection is really all about. But, really, this is freaking funny.

StalkerChick 13

It'll be a great story to tell when she gets older lol

skip_m 6

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
iOceanus 18

...is what your comment is not.

Ah well...you both tried. If this weren't on FML you might be given credit for that.

PhishloverA 14

Who said they were trying to be funny? Seems like you were trying to be but you epically failed, as you just made yourself look like a douche

flockz 19

scotch tape isn't safe enough. as her mother i hope you suggested duct tape.

and a hammer. Just incase the duct tape doesnt work.

Personally, I've always help a preference for electrical tape. It gives the moment that extra spark.

She wanted to prevent herself from contracting Duct Lips.

SystemofaBlink41 27

Tape: Protection for Poor People

Why did that get thumbed down? It was a smart comment.

SystemofaBlink41 27

I don't think I'm being a dick... I'm not pretty wealthy myself.

Did you just thank him for being not-so-wealthy?

A kiss? How cute and innocent, especially considering some 11 year olds are pregnant.

TLC is making a show on that soon "Toddlers in Tiaras with Babies in Their Bellies!"

Corrupt_waffles 13

Toddlers eat babies now? What is wrong with the world...

EVnIAS 13

#117 it's the easiest and most effective way of population control amongst children. They kill each other and only the strongest survive. That being said I loved your comment I made me laugh.

What the hell kinda 11 year olds you been hangin out with?

7yzzFML 17

What i want to know is what OP meant by when she said "I asked what she thought she was doing", sounds as if she was interrogating the daughter, which is quite inappropriate because kissing is very normal at that age.. Shame that theres parents like that

Corrupt_waffles 13

141- #40 said "Babies in their bellies". Unless you are eating children the fetus/baby should not be in any stomach.

I think the point was that the daughter said the boy was "not her boyfriend". I tell my parents when I'm in a relationship. If she denied having a boyfriend, it's probably because her parents don't want her dating yet, and she went behind their backs.

xKeroseneHearts 9

Whatever happened to barely having your first kiss at that age... o.o Now kids that age are getting prego???? I barely had my first kids when I was 11!

#150 i agree I would have said sorry to interrupt and closed the door

159- Your last sentence sorta contradicts the rest of your comment, so I'll assume you meant "kiss".

My mom cried when she found out about my first kiss at age 13. I think OP's daughter was just thinking ahead and OP raised her right.

7yzzFML 17

@180 Wow really, your mom actually cried at that?? No offense, but thats kind of pathetic.. I hope you grew out of her grasp

Well yeah, I come from a Hispanic, over-protective family. I don't know, I guess it's just that "my little girl is growing up" kind of thing.

151 You really shouldn't be eating children, even for a reality show.

ltaper11 20

Smart thinking next time maybe duct tape though better barrier and gets rid of those pesky hairs

I think that was really cute. You're lucky she's already thinking about protection and it's only a kiss. Hopefully, she won't take it much further at her age.