By short&stout - 26/08/2017 20:00

Today, I took the kids to the pool. I'm short and 20lbs overweight but they talked me into it and I put on a swimsuit for the first time in 10 years. As soon as we got there, a girl my height but a good 150lbs heavier said, "It's so nice to see another big girl in a two-piece!" FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 254
You deserved it 713

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So, you didn't want to get judged at the pool so you judged someone else instead.

To her, it gave confidence. To you, you saw women in a worse state wearing a two piece and happy about it. Wear what you want! A Bikini Body is simply a body in a bikini :)

Comments

To her, it gave confidence. To you, you saw women in a worse state wearing a two piece and happy about it. Wear what you want! A Bikini Body is simply a body in a bikini :)

Lobby_Bee 17

Who cares? Just have fun like you're suppose to at the swimming pool.

So, you didn't want to get judged at the pool so you judged someone else instead.

Hang out with her and you’ll look skinny. And when I say “hang out,” I mean “associate with.” I’m sure both of you are hanging out of your bikinis anyways.

PenguinPal3017 19

Once someone thought I was fat because my friends was fat. My friend was 370 lbs and I was 135 lbs. The guy assumed that I had to be fat just because my friend was. Somehow he didn't actually see me when looking at me.

That’s the opposite of my experience. A “chubby” woman appears hot when surrounded by a few “obese” ones.

simcityguy09 19

Swimming's actually really good for weight loss. If you get over your fear of being judged and keep going you'll quickly shed that weight.

I think she is happy that woman are wearing what they want instead of wearing what society deems acceptable for their body type. Don't be a offended she saw ( even though bigger ) you aren't at your ideal weight, it was probably your lack of confidence above anything else.

I know it really sucks to feel all vulnerable and self-conscious (I never, never wear a bathing suit in public), and I know it's easy to say "well, at least I'm not as ugly/fat/gross as THAT person" as a defense mechanism. But try to catch yourself and fight that urge. A lot of people (yourself included!) are going to have feelings about your body, both positive and negative, but none of those have any bearing on whether or not you deserve to have a good time at the pool with your kids. /peptalkmode done. Yes, I know I get too preachy about this, I just have a lot of feeeeeeeeelings.

Today, someone gave me a compliment, but I was too fatphobic and self-hating to accept it. FML

I drop the kids off at the pool at least once every day. Then I wipe and flush.

Props to you for facing your fear and taking your kids swimming. Although if you're scared of what people will think of you and then have the fear validated by someone bigger calling you a 'big girl' then you can either do something about it and lose weight or accept who you are and forget about what other people think. If you go swimming regularly you might find that you do both.