By *sneeze* - 29/11/2018 12:00

Today, it's my wife's birthday. Since I had work, I gave her $200 to spend on herself and left. When I came back with dinner and the movie she wanted, I found her with a dog. She is very attached to him because the shelter was going to put him down. I love him, but I'm allergic to dogs. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 114
You deserved it 467

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You’ll be okay, you’ll learn to cope. I’m allergic and have 3. My body eventually adjusted, but I took Claritin when I needed it.

Not a fan of this. She could have literally gotten anything, but decides to go out of her way to purchase a pet. First of all, all members of a household should get a say in whether this fits into their lives or not - a dog takes up a lot of free time, energy and money. And second, it had to be the kind of pet her husband is allergic to? That's even more of a reason to talk to each other beforehand. Yes, there's medication, but it should be his choice whether to make that compromise or not. It's just really ignorant, if not downright rude. Because the whole "the shelter wanted to kill the dog" story doesn't give him any option to even mention getting rid of the dog again, or he'll be the bad guy for breaking her heart and leaving the dog to its fate. I don't know, that's just shitty.

Comments

Stan_The_Man 7

That sucks, send the dog back.... That being said, next time be better prepared with a timely gift so she can’t do anything crazy.

If the dog goes back, it’ll be put down. Also, money is totally a gift. I prefer to get money or gift cards than anything else.

ari330 21

Just build a tolerance. That's what I did and I'm allergic to dogs and cats and I have 2 dogs and a cat.

I don't see why people are ragging on the wife so damn much. OP even said he loved it. the allergy sounds more like a minor annoyance. It sounds you (OP) already had the kind of talk abt adopting. I'm proud of both of ya! Trust, those allergies will be forgotten.

InquiringMind98 5

Depending on how allergic you are, an over the counter allergy pill everyday could be enough.

merserve 1

Man I feel your pain. I am super allergic to dogs. I also own one. Two allergy pills in the morning and two at 2 pm. Yu’pp Make it and she’ll happily work more hours to pay for the cost :) you’re only drowsy for a month and then you are immune. Turns out sleep aids stop working so hope you don’t have insomnia.

Shelter dogs are ~$75. Sounds like a rescue to me. -Owner of four $75 shelter dogs and a $200 rescue.

randybryant799 20