By Bestbirthday - 12/07/2016 01:04 - United States - Bastrop

Today, my parents were supposed to take me out to eat for my birthday, but since their favorite child wasn't with us, I instead got a mini order of tots from Sonic as my birthday meal/present. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 179
You deserved it 850

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Not so happy birthday? Happy Birthday OP, I hope that at least the tots were better than your day was!

mrswombat 16

Happy birthday, birthday twin! :) Don't feel too bad. My dad totally forgot it was mine and felt horrible when my mom had to call and remind him!

Comments

Given OP is apparently not the favourite child I feel like they would blame them for it anyway and OP would just end up in trouble if they did that

mrswombat 16

Happy birthday, birthday twin! :) Don't feel too bad. My dad totally forgot it was mine and felt horrible when my mom had to call and remind him!

At least your dad felt bad. I hope op's parents fell bad to.

That sucks, just wait until their birthdays and get them the exact same order as revenge

Or a sonic gift card with exactly enough to get a mini order of tots.

Pshh get them nothing. And don't acknowledge their birthdays. Go do something fun on their bdays.

Not so happy birthday? Happy Birthday OP, I hope that at least the tots were better than your day was!

Wow, what is it with all these awful parents making it cruelly clear who the favorite is and treating the non-favorites like dirt?

The same sort of thing happens to me all the time, since my sister is the favorite child. To give you a hint, the only thing I got for my 18th birthday was a free razor in the mail, and they're currently planning a huge party for my sister and 30 of her friends for her birthday. My advice to you, OP, is to find some good friends and stick with them, and maybe move out ASAP, talking to your parents about this will only make them angry if they're like my parents. Good luck, and happy birthday!

To answer your question #6, they do so to make their favorite child feel better. My parents have openly said that they've always wanted a girl. I'm just around to do chores and for people to yell at when they're frustrated.

Thats exactly like my bf. He's there for chores and got nothing for his 21st birthday but his sister got a car, an iphone and a huge party for her 18th... She also got a car on her 16th. All rego is paid by her father.

My sister is about 21 months younger than I. When we were in our 20s, for one birthday, my mom took my sister to Europe. She got me a shitty Olympic-themed watch she wore to events at the 1996 Olympics because she thought it would "mean" something. Yeah, a used watch.

Happy Birthday OP!! Hopefully, they have something planned for later, when everyone is able to attend..

Unfortunately I doubt that. Parents usually don't such things for their non favorite child.

Sounds like they're assholes, sorry to hear that, Op

CliffyB03 28

I can relate to you. One time, during my birthday party, my uncle got my brother a present instead of me---the birthday girl

Hey birthday girl. It's my birthday, too. So, no matter how shitty your parents are - let's have an awesome day anyway!

Here, OP, have a virtual hug from a stranger.