This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Justabloke - 16/12/2018 17:30

Today I got told by the girl I've been seeing for a couple of months that she wants to take a step back and just be friends... I was going to tell her I wanted more and was falling in love with her. She's also my co-worker! FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 337
You deserved it 344

Top comments

Arokthis 21

At least she got her thoughts out first. It would have been much more awkward if you had.

Phil 14

It's never a good idea to date co-workers.

Comments

Arokthis 21

At least she got her thoughts out first. It would have been much more awkward if you had.

Phil 14

It's never a good idea to date co-workers.

I know several happily married couples who met at work. It is awkward if it doesn’t work out, but we spend a lot of time at work. It’s inevitable you’re sometimes going to connect with someone.

BreakingBaddict 8

I’ve been dating one for almost a year and I’ve never been happier :)

WeirdUS 29

Yeah this is why it’s pretty common knowledge not to date coworkers also because the potential problems if it doesn’t work out. Also depending on the place that might violate HR policy.

Don’t push for more. She did the right thing by telling you, even if it wasn’t what you hoped for. It’s up to you if you want to hang out as friends, but either way, keep things friendly at work.

chocolate019 6

Same thing happened to me. Except she doesn’t want to talk to me at all. Don’t really know why

Did you fart in her face, or did you have to on your face, by chance?

in the immortal words of Rick James "Love em & leave em.."

bidet 8

but she still wants the occasional booty call, right?

Good thing you didn’t say anything. I worked with a guy 10 years, went through a period of several years where I found myself wanting more than our close friendship, but never said anything. Now, we don’t work together anymore, but he’s my best friend, and though I’d jump at the chance if he ever showed anything besides friendship, I’m glad I’ve never said anything to make it weird or end what we’ve got.

bass_ftp 12

Queue office drama in 3 2 1...