By Anonymous - 23/11/2018 03:30 - United States - Anchorage

Today, my sister put a piece of leather in my homemade beef jerkey to prove a point. I ate it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 191
You deserved it 1 403

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Mmm... manufactured cow hide. Also, what was her point? That beef jerky looks like leather, or that eating animals is wrong? If it was the first one, then duh. If it was the second one, no it isn't.

The point is you can’t tell between cow muscle and cow skin?

Comments

Mmm... manufactured cow hide. Also, what was her point? That beef jerky looks like leather, or that eating animals is wrong? If it was the first one, then duh. If it was the second one, no it isn't.

Emma Marshall 19

Is it wrong when a lion eats a gazelle, or when a bear eats salmon? Of course not. Humans are natural apex predators, just like they are, so of course we eat other animals. Are teeth and digestive systems are developed to eat animals. Saying that eating them is wrong is just trying to take a moral high ground where it's entirely unnecessary.

Maybe the point was that her homemade beef turkey tastes like leather?

Alup132 22

It’s not wrong. Look at our teeth. We are made to eat both animals and plants. Canines for meat, molars for plants. We’re not meant to go on crazy diets, and that’s why you have to work hard to compensate for meat, and why you can’t switch your diet without asking a doctor for risk of lacking nutrients. Let’s break it down. Why are animals wrong to eat? Is it because they’re alive? Can’t be, so are plants. You think the cavemen cried about meat being bad and let themselves starve when plants weren’t available? No? Then neither should you.

ViviMage 38

I'm assuming the point was "your jerky is too tough! It's like eating leather!"

Do you vegans have radars for whenever someone talks about eating meat or something?? Go shag a cauliflower

In that case, call me Satan while I enjoy this delicious cheeseburger.

I hope for your sake that you are and will remain blissfully ignorant of how tanning works.

ViviMage 38

Should we tell? Tanneries used to be well outside of the town limits because of all the fun smelling things they used to tan skins!

The point is you can’t tell between cow muscle and cow skin?

Mungolikecandy 19