By miss_peppermint - 14/12/2018 13:30

Today, my dog of 10 years died suddenly. My husband’s response? “At least you don’t have to buy dog food anymore". FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 967
You deserved it 216

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Guess what hubby's having for dinner? Dog food!

Comments

Guess what hubby's having for dinner? Dog food!

Sorry for your loss. Praying for you.

I can’t imagine what you’re feeling. I have two dogs of my own, and I find great joy in choosing and buying specific dog food. I hope he snapped out of it, that would enrage me. While the wound is fresh, I’d go get another dog to help you cope.

I'd turn to him and say, "I won't have to pay for our dates anymore either, we're done. "

I mean people sometimes say stupid things to comfort someone or don’t think before they speak. Kind of stupid to ruin the relationship just cause of one commetn

amanda86 8

And that's when you tell him, "Guess I don't have to buy or cook food for you anymore, either."

Sorry for your loss it's never easy to lose a fur baby 😢 and try not to hate your husband ,some people can't cope with loss of a loved one causing higher function parts of the brain to momentarily too shut down.

Sometimes people want to say something supportive, but they don't really know how. I was told well it is one less Christmas present to buy at my grandmother's funeral when I was 13. I don't think they wanted to hurt me, but lack social skills.

One time I posted on fb about how upset I was that the last of my sparkling gouramis had just died. A friend commented 'When life gives you dead fish, make fish sticks!' I had to tell him that, while I understand the desire to use levity to ease a bad situation, and often do so myself, it was much too soon for me to do that in this case.