By nomail - 26/05/2016 19:55 - United States - Minneapolis

Today, the management office of my apartment building announced it will be keeping packages in the office until you can pick them up. They also posted new hours. There will be someone in the office once a week, for two hours only. I work those two hours, every single week. No more mail for me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 685
You deserved it 863

Same thing different taste

Top comments

See if there's a possibility to redirect your mail to a post office box or even to your workplace. I get my parcels at work to avoid this issue.

unwantedforlife 14

To hold mail and not give you full access to it is illegal in the USA. Mail is considered federal property and cannot be withheld by a third party, (like management) for any time.

Comments

See if there's a possibility to redirect your mail to a post office box or even to your workplace. I get my parcels at work to avoid this issue.

Xquisite1 28

Packages can't be shipped to a post office box. It's only for mail.

TabooSushi 24

Actually they can, but you have to have a large enough box and it also depends on what the package is. Source: Both of my parents are 20+ year post officers, as well as my stepdad, and my dad and stepdad get stuff delivered to their P.O boxes all the time.

Xquisite1 28

#21 Think "signature-based" orders. The companies want a physical address for those type of transactions.

Anything the office at an apartment complex can sign for, a postal employee could also sign for

I guess when you got the apartment you should have sprung for the package deal.

tapdancecolumbia 14

Yeah, I think you should seriously consider a PO Box.

Let's hope work is worth it and they don't get mad at you for having good ideas, on the serious note OP, would they allow others to pick it up for you just in case you don't want to redirect your mail which honestly isn't a hassle at all. Good luck OP!

Seriously ? That's some upper-class stupidy right there, isn't it their job to make your life easier ?

Apartment Management make your life easier? You are joking, right? Their job is to make you respect their authoritaah.

Your management office is only open 2 hours a week? In addition to mail I'd think people would have to talk to them about maintenance and other concerns that might not fit in that time slot.

unwantedforlife 14

To hold mail and not give you full access to it is illegal in the USA. Mail is considered federal property and cannot be withheld by a third party, (like management) for any time.

the mail is most likely addressed to the company mailbox with it's name on it. it would be perfectly fine for the company to redirect or hold mail sent to them.

nettrol 19

#38 It's an apartment complex not a business, read the FML before you comment.

Just break in and steal your packages back

What kind of backwards apartment building only allows their tenants access to their mail two hours a week? That doesn't sound right at all.

Sandman2015 12

Yeah you might want to remind your apartment management they can't be open for two hours a day, once a week and withhold your mail. That is beyond illegal to withhold mail like that. Have everything forwarded to your office in the meantime.