By ohnolunch - 05/03/2009 20:12 - United States

Today, I came back to my apartment to see that my roommate had left out bread, deli meat, and cheese on the counter, and made myself a sandwich. When she came back, she informs me that she found bugs in the fridge and took out all the food she thought would be contaminated. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 733
You deserved it 15 965

Same thing different taste

Top comments

have fun picking at those little legs from your teeth

DefHamster 0

That's disgusting. And I don't understand in anyway why there's such a large amount of "you deserved that one" votes, your roommate should have thrown the food out.

Comments

have fun picking at those little legs from your teeth

steierr 7

why is there bread in the fridge?

Putting your bread in the fridge can prolong its life. I do it.

finalyearsofhate 22

No, putting bread in the fridge makes it go stale faster.

rollingmyeyes 0

sad day. i am assuming it was communal food, otherwise you deserve it. she needs to learn the value of a fridge whiteboard...they were created for notes such as "don't eat that food, it has bugs!!!"

You can actually write directly on a fridge with whiteboard markers; it wipes right off. Handy I tell ya!

DefHamster 0

That's disgusting. And I don't understand in anyway why there's such a large amount of "you deserved that one" votes, your roommate should have thrown the food out.

I don't get why anyone thinks OP deserved it... That's so disgusting!

It's just protein. Besides, you're probably eating bugs everyday... most government food agencies around the world allow a certain amount of bugs in food before stepping in and taking action. The FDA in the USA, for example, allows "(an) Average of 30 or more insect fragments per 100 grams" and "(an) Average of 1 or more rodent hairs per 100 grams" in peanut butter.

your roommate is an idiot. if she thought they'd been contaminated, she should have thrown them out.

Lotus_Eater 0

And you weren't the slightest bit suspicious why food was just sitting out on the counter? Especially food that needs to be refrigerated?

Why would you make yourself a sandwich with stuff LEFT on the counter, my first question would have been "uh any reason these were left out?" Not the brightest bulb on the tree aryouya?

Eternity_fml 0

Did you ask her why she left it out instead of throwing it away? Do tell us.

ew ew ew. but you definitely don't deserve that because how would you know why she left them out on the counter? she should have just thrown the shit out..