This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Pissedoff - 09/11/2017 21:00 - United States - Seattle

Today, I'm going to a funeral, so I asked my boyfriend to be sober and supportive. He is now literally piss drunk. He just peed on the bed. Again. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 193
You deserved it 1 307

Top comments

The fact you had to ask him to be sober was the first indication that he is an alcoholic. That he became so inebriated that he lost control of his bladder function was the second. Doing so after promising not to was the third. Time to sit him down and try to make him acknowledge his problem and start fixing it. If he won't, then it's time to end the relationship, because he's made it apparent he considers getting drunk more important than you, and unless he gets help, that is never going to change for the better. It will just get worse, and so will his behavior.

Request denied. If he’s not willing to do that for you, maybe you need to stage a funeral for this relationship.

Comments

if you had to specifically ask him to be sober then he's got a big problem. and the fact that he couldn't do it shows you you need to find someone better.

Consider either a new boyfriend or investing in adult diapers.

ffc Squall 14

Dump him. Preferably in a ditch somewhere.

chessu 21

Look, he clearly has a problem and either you're one of those people who are so desperate to not be alone, you'll take anything - in which case LEAVE HIM ANYWAY - or you genuinely love him - in which case give him a chance before you do. Sit him down, explain the situation and how it's hurting you etc., and that you want to help him to get better and all that stuff and hopefully you mean enough to him to at least try AA etc. Just apologising isn't enough, because that's just a pattern that'll repeat. And when you've given it your best shot and actually tried and he just doesn't meet you halfway, then it's time to walk away. Love or not.

I'm sure you don't want to hear the typical "leave him" comment, but.. Might be time to find someone who'll do better for you. :/

Is that really the kind of relationship you want to be in? I think you should re-evaluate your choices.

onceuponatime456 16

Ex-boyfriend, make sure he becomes your ex-boyfriend. If you don't it will never get better!

HBPencil 6

Girl, if you had to ask him that, maybe you should have a solid look at your future together?

TeachAllTheMath 19

Girl, you deserve so much better.

My mother wasted her life trying to "cure" my father's alcoholism. Also, thanks to it,ruined my brothers and mine. She thought she was helping him to battle addiction but only thing she did was creating ideal environment for drinking. I've seen too many times grown-up man wasted and wet from his own urine from ankles to armpits. He wasn't even aware of it. When he got sober,he literally yelled that we are lying because he wasn't even drunk. If your bf isn't willing to go to therapy and change his life,leave him and don't turn around. Battling with addiction is long and painful process also for someone with co-alcoholism. Sometimes it gets few tries to get ones shit together (but not everybody live to another try).