This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Loner Bride - 12/10/2017 10:36 - Australia - Brunswick East

Today, as part of my wedding planning, I actually had to read several articles on topics like "How to fake a hen's night", "Can you do a bridal shower alone?", and "Your wedding can still be fun even if you have no friends". FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 347
You deserved it 326

Top comments

Hey, seems like I am close by to you! Hit me uo if you're looking for a crowd filler. I had the same problem for my wedding last year, and didnt even have a baby shower because i was humiliated... happy to lend a hand ?

Hopefully, you have one friend: your fiancé.

Comments

chessu 21

That sucks! I'm not getting married, but I'm the same - I struggle with all sorts of holidays and events where you're 'meant to be' doing something with a crowd and I have none. If you're thinking of hosting one, because you feel like you have to - you don't. If you're hosting it because YOU want to (I assume not to have to think in the future how you didn't have one or maybe cause you don't want the husband to feel bad for having his) - figure out if it's worse not having one or having a bad one for you and if not having one at all is worse, I agree with other posters. Hopefully, your mom's still around - involve her, maybe you or your fiance have sisters? Family is almost obligated to show up. If there's only one friend/family - still fine. Go for a nice meal or a SPA weekend In the end of the day, it's your day! As far as the wedding, I assume the spouse has friends and family and doesn't want to elope away - don't do his and hers side, but mix them up. No one needs to know how many or few are from your side :) congratulations!

So elope have a nice ceremony with your parents, siblings best man and maid of honor. Maybe 20-25 people then go on a really long honeymoon!

Well, if I lived anywhere near you, I'd help fill in for someone's "last fling before the ring". I've always had trouble making friends, and when I got married, I never had a shower or a bachelorette party. I truly feel your pain.

confused90 17

Im not too far away too, feel free to message me :D