This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By arthriticwolf - 28/03/2019 21:00 - United States - Boston

Today, I took an Uber in to work with the last $10 in my bank account to be fired as soon as I walked in the door for a post I made on Facebook Thursday. They mailed my last check. FML
I agree, your life sucks 654
You deserved it 1 193

Top comments

Mayaaaaaaaaa 12

I need to know what the post was before I can decide if you deserve it or not.

tounces7 27

Depending on the type of post that could potentially be discrimination. Now if the post was just you being an asshole then YDI.

Comments

Mayaaaaaaaaa 12

I need to know what the post was before I can decide if you deserve it or not.

colderthanyou 15

I can’t wait until people start thinking about what they post online. Employers, and anyone really, check Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and you represent the company you work for. Don’t post stupid shit on there that’ll get you fired, or prevent you from getting hired.

TxKitten79 10

Exactly! I was hired for a job, but one of the first things the hiring person said when she called me to schedule my interview was, "I couldn't find you on Facebook. That's unusual." Guess who doesn't have a FB page.... this girl!

tounces7 27

Depending on the type of post that could potentially be discrimination. Now if the post was just you being an asshole then YDI.

bloopaloop 27

Why are you ubering to work, what was you job, and what was your post? If the answers worked in your favor you would have incorporated them in your FML. YDI

Did you work for Lyft? Social media bites ass again!

Mungolikecandy 19

It must have been a pretty damning post to get you fired. That is one reason never friend a work colleague or boss and also think before you hit that submit button.

This is why you can’t find my real name on Facebook.

IrieStorm 9

Given that you didn't mention what exactly you posted, I think it's safe to assume that YDI, because if you didn't post anything bad, you would've mentioned what you posted. And based on the length of this story, you could've told us what exactly you posted in this story, so the 300 character limit isn't an excuse here.

This is why you update your security settings often and don't add people you work with.