By SmallAngel - 22/03/2013 00:35 - United States - Aurora

Today, I found out my mom thought I was a lesbian because I dated a girl in high school. I didn't date anyone in high school. Apparently, guys never asked me out because my best friend told everyone that I was her girlfriend. I had a two-year lesbian relationship that I never knew about. FML
I agree, your life sucks 53 268
You deserved it 3 571

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Lesbihonest, you completely knew about it, didn't you?

Oh man, the same thing happened to me in high school. My best friend told everyone that I was his girlfriend, so I ended up with no dates or boyfriends. I didn't find out until a couple of months after school ended, when an attractive guy from my class said he had a crush on me for the longest time but didn't want to approach me because I was already taken. All those years of feeling like I was this ugly, repellant monster that no guy wanted suddenly made sense.

Comments

Lesbihonest, you completely knew about it, didn't you?

meekthekit 6

Im glad someone made a pitch perfect reference(:

I actually didn't know it was in Pitch Perfect. I hate that movie and didn't make it past 20 minutes.

C'mon guys, lez get back on track here. Stop muffing around.

xDmarmar 3

you're from planet Mars if you hate Pitch Perfect. get a life.

Bubbelz 25

^ Shitty first comment. Also, no hate towards planet Mars.

40- yes, we need to get a life, says the one who is obviously obssessing over a shitty movie. Your logic is simpley astounding -_(

Being stuck in friend zone sucks :c

Or being stuck in the my best friend is way too possessive zone.

Mads_1234 28

Reading comprehension skills are important.

**** blocked.. I'd dump her! :] and let everyone know your single and ready to mingle, with men only.

Wow. Your best friend is such a good liar that even your mother believed her.

Was/is your best friend a lesbian? Or was she just being a bitch and trying to keep people from being with you, so that she'd have a chance? There has to be more to this story. I don't see how you didn't find this out sooner.

Mister_Triangle 21

I doubt op's friend would claim to be part of a lesbian relationship if her goal was to attract men. Likely, it was a joke that got out of hand.

Oh man, the same thing happened to me in high school. My best friend told everyone that I was his girlfriend, so I ended up with no dates or boyfriends. I didn't find out until a couple of months after school ended, when an attractive guy from my class said he had a crush on me for the longest time but didn't want to approach me because I was already taken. All those years of feeling like I was this ugly, repellant monster that no guy wanted suddenly made sense.

TheDrifter 23

I wish I'd thought of that one. Kids were so afraid of me in school that they wouldn't even try to date my little sister until I graduated and moved away. I had a couple friends with poor decision making skills that could have benefited from this prank.

mimiminx 23

How did your mother know this and you didn't?!

LittleLightning 1

Because mothers know everything before we do

You might not be able to change the past, Op, but nothing's stopping you from making up lost time Now! Good luck with that! ;)

TorisaurusRexxx 10

You two must not make a cute couple if no one ever said anything about it to you. Usually people are all "awe! You two look great together" with most relationships.

I guess it depends on how close the OP and her friend are. Some girls make jokes about being lesbians or how great they'd be as a couple. If other people made the same jokes, the OP might not have found it strange. That's how my best friend got away with pretending to be my boyfriend for so long. In hindsight, it was really obvious. But at the time, I just assumed people were making jokes about us being a couple because we were such good friends.

I find it rather implausibke that you did not know this, I mean you could ask others about such issues.

Maybe the two were rather recluse (or just OP) so she was oblivious to others thoughts/opinions/knowledge of her. Does seem pretty far fetched though.