By Emmz91 - 28/05/2019 07:53

Today, I counted how many medications I'm on: 14. I'm waiting to see another specialist who might put me on 2 more. I'm currently on more medications than my grandmother. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 080
You deserved it 198

Emmz91 tells us more.

Top comments

I was in 17 until this past January. Finally started working with a doctor who was more interested in my well-being than his paycheck. He worked with me extensively to cut my meds down to 8. I’ve haven’t felt this good in years!

It’s called validation. Sometimes when you are in a sucky situation, it’s nice to know you are not alone. And others sharing their experiences can help validate what you are feeling. Go figure, even on a site for giggles, people can still show compassion.

Comments

indienerdgirl 27

I totally get it. I'm 29 and am on 12 with another 2 as needed. I take more meds than all 3 of my grandparents and they're in their 80's and one is in his 90's. 😑

I’m so sorry! I understand... I spent 2 years treating and finished just a month ago. All day on pills and injections. All of them with terrible side effects and I had many of them... Started fainting, disorientation. Sometimes because of the amount of medications, my organism couldn’t accept them. It was a nightmare! Later all of my bones, even fingers started to ache. I needed help to get up or walk, and I couldn’t even pour myself a glass of water, because of the weight of the pitcher. And I’m 23. I really hope, that you’ll get well soon. I know it’s hard, but you can do this! Be patient and everything is gonna be alright. I have no idea what you have, but I hope you will feel better soon, no matter what you are treating. God Bless! And I’m sorry for my English, it’s not my native language. I just needed to tell you, that you can do this! You’ll get through this! Stay strong and patient!

Feel your pain. My stuff started in my early 20’s with a heart attack at 36. I’m sick due to my father’s exposure to Agent Orange. Due to the med combo I was on, I was at extremely high risk for accidental overdose, which made me too afraid to use pain management and some other as needed stuff. I was finally able to switch to MMJ and have come off so many. Still on a lot, but the dangerous ones are gone. I wish you relief from whatever is going on.

That sucks. Can you share why you’re on so many medications? I take a shit ton of pain killers for chronic back pain and I’m 33. I feel like I’m in my 80’s.

Sucks you’re on so many meds. Can you share why you’re on so many meds? If not no worries. I take a ton of pain killers for chronic pain and I’m only 33 and I feel like I’m in my 80’s.

I have bipolar and borderline personality disorder as well as underactive thyroid, IBS (ew I know), restless legs and knee pain. I may also have fibromyalgia (waiting to see the specialist) so may end up on more.

Really feel for you. but at least you have access to the medication unlike some people on our planet. probably would be extremely bad if you weren't on them.

I know I'm super lucky to have access to all of these medications. Can't even begin to imagine what my mental and physical health would be without them.

I was in 17 until this past January. Finally started working with a doctor who was more interested in my well-being than his paycheck. He worked with me extensively to cut my meds down to 8. I’ve haven’t felt this good in years!

I’m sure there are some Big Pharma execs jerking off to this story.

Probably, but I'm from Australia lol.

Wait, you're from a civilized country that cares about its citizens and protects them from paying exorbitant drug prices? That's a real boner-killer for the Big Pharma execs.

I still pay exorbitant fees for a couple of my meds, but most of them are cheap because I have a concession card.

bloopaloop 27

What the f is wrong with you people? It’s not a competition.

It’s called validation. Sometimes when you are in a sucky situation, it’s nice to know you are not alone. And others sharing their experiences can help validate what you are feeling. Go figure, even on a site for giggles, people can still show compassion.

I don't think they are feeling like competing, this is letting others know that they are on many medications as well.

mr_dinzaster 16

Maybe your doctor likes you and wants you to keep coming back

It is horrible that a lot of doctors would rather prescribe loads of medication instead of actually trying to find ways to make you better and healthier that don't include taking huge amount of medication