By shitberries - 25/12/2015 16:00 - United States - Jefferson City

Today, I tried dying my hair blonde. I put my hair in a bun and waited for it to dye. I guess I did something wrong, because my hair is now 4 different shades of blonde/orange, along with patches of my natural black hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 17 104
You deserved it 11 969

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Um yeah, if you had black hair you have to bleach it first....that was your first mistake.

homesuckfucker 28

Yeah. Even if you were bleaching it, and not dying it, like you said you were, going from a natural dark color to a blonde typically won't yield desired results. Especially not with an at home kit. You're better off spending the money to have it professionally done.

Comments

Um yeah, if you had black hair you have to bleach it first....that was your first mistake.

THANK YOU. Bleach and tone ppl, bleach and ******* tone.

Not only that, but if you're going from blonde to black or black to blonde, you shouldn't do it yourself at first. Too many people mess that up.

I'm guessing by dye she means bleach because she wouldn't have even gotten the results that she did without bleach

steam_engenius 21

#100, there are dyes called "high lifts" that act sort of like a bleach but don't lighten as well as regular bleach.

mds9986 24

Well I bet we can color you confused as to why this happened.

#15 If only there was a simpler way to express how you felt about this comment.. Oh wait.

homesuckfucker 28

Yeah. Even if you were bleaching it, and not dying it, like you said you were, going from a natural dark color to a blonde typically won't yield desired results. Especially not with an at home kit. You're better off spending the money to have it professionally done.

Bleaching hair is honestly better left to proffessionals, it may cost more but it's better than ruining your hair. For mow I'd recommend conditioning it and being more careful next time.

Look on the bright side OP! You'll be getting a lot of attention from men (or ladies if that's your thing).

Claim you did it on purpose. And then actually learn how to do it for next time

Part of the bleaching process is the exposure to air. Putting it in a bun was a no-no. That's only safe when coloring. Poor thing. You're going to have to spend some money to correct it.

I can tell you know what your doing by your hair

#7 here's the thing - she didn't bleach it. She only dyed it. The fact that she didn't bleach it is the thing that caused her hair not turn blonde as she hoped

#36 you can't go from black to blonde because it will turn orange. Doesn't matter if you bleach or dye it, it will be orange

unless it was Virgin hair ? when I bleached mine my hair was bright yellow lol

leogachi 15

@66 That's accurate if you wash the coloring out too soon. If you actually want to bleach black hair and make it blonde, you have to be patient and let the coloring do it's job.

#78. leaving color or bleach on longer isn't always the answer either. sometimes you leave it just a little too long and your washing hair down the drain along with the color.

YDI. Did you do any research at all on how to go from black to blonde? Its a multi-step process, incredibly damaging, and you above all do not slap some chemicals on your head and throw it in a ******* BUN. The heat from your head accelerates the process! In a bun, the heat isn't even! Moron.

wow you're a birch! people make mistakes, she obv didn't know any better.

Honestly I agree with #8. I feel that the OP should have been born blonde so others will be warned.

Why did you bring the trees into this. I'm a birch and I'm offended.

You sorta deserve it sorry to say because 1.) you should have done your homework 2.) if you have natural black hair you should've gone to a salon. because there are steps to get from dark hair to light. My tip to you OP is to go to Sally's and buy some Purple shampoo to tone that orange and go to the Salon to get it fixed Good Luck OP!

I honestly thought most girls knew the logic of coloring their hair when it's black ...