This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By Fanci - 15/02/2019 21:00 - United States - Luxemburg

Today I found out that my landlord is switching to a property management company, and it will take 2 weeks for my rent to get deposited to them when I send it, when I could just go across town and pay it in cash before. My rent is due in a week. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 417
You deserved it 130

Top comments

I'm not sure I really understand this one. Is it that the company might think OP is a week behind on rent due to processing? The wording is confusing me a bit.

BigSissy 14

That sentence ended in the word – before.

Comments

I'm not sure I really understand this one. Is it that the company might think OP is a week behind on rent due to processing? The wording is confusing me a bit.

Nhayaa 21

I’m guessing that in Europe, eviction procedures are so slow, your payment will have cleared by the time they are ready to kick you out. In the US, once you are ten minutes late with your payment, your landlord can get local law enforcement to put your shit on the curb!

I honestly don't see how they can fault you for that especially right away after that transition

“...when I could just go across town and pay it in cash...” so do that? You solved you’re own dilemma

BigSissy 14

That sentence ended in the word – before.

An ellipsis doesn’t indicate the end of a sentence, and the word “before” makes no difference to my point.

Koios 30

'before' completely changes it as it means the OP used to be able to do that, but no longer can

Before is a very important part of that sentence. It indicates that OP can no longer go across town and pay cash with the new company, and that was something they were able to do with whoever was collecting rent before the change.

Ah, I did not interpret it that way! I read it as, rent will take 2 weeks by transfer or I OP could pay it in cash before, like within the two weeks. My bad!

Do they offer Internet payment? Often big property management companies offer varied payment methods, including Interac, payment by phone (you call your bank and they process it), preauthorized payments, and even payment by credit card. If they don't, just send them a bunch of postdated checks and make sure the money to cover the check is always into your account.

Get a money order ya baby. They have them at the post office where you can also get certified mail - they have to sign for it when it arrives.

Obviously it's their fault that it's going to take that long, don't worry about it just let them know that the payment is coming and their dumb system is the fault.

bl3ur0z3 17

Doesn't matter. I assume you have a lease specifying when you must pay by? Then pay by that date. Processing time is their problem, not yours. Payment time is all you gotta worry about.

lj2000 5

In America you get a month to get all your shit out once they start to try to evict you so yea. Ur fine.