By anonymous - 15/02/2015 22:39 - United States - Valdosta

Today, while working at Subway I joked with a customer asking him if he was going to order in Spanish. The women in front of him began yelling about how I was being racist and told my manager that I needed to be fired. The customer I was joking with was my Spanish teacher. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 977
You deserved it 2 908

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ask is she wants to speak in dog language as she's obviously a bitch.

Comments

I'm spanish and I don't understand how that's racist.

The woman is hellbent on making sure everyone is "politically correct"

this is why i hate most people. they need to mind their own business and stop assuming things all the damn time.

incoherentrmblr 21

I'm sure a simple explanation remedied the situation; however, I would LOVE to see this FML from her point of view though: "Today, at Subway, the guy behind the counter made a remark about ordering in Spanish, so I complained to the manager about how that was racist and unacceptable. Turns out he was joking with his Spanish teacher. FML."

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
Indianboy9321 25

Your comment was weirdly irrelevant but IT DID, however, remind me of a family guy moment where Peter would say "Do I... Do I order with my penis?"

Hopefully you can get that all sorted out.

I'm sure a simple explanation remedied the situation; however, I would LOVE to see this FML from her point of view though: "Today, at Subway, the guy behind the counter made a remark about ordering in Spanish, so I complained to the manager about how that was racist and unacceptable. Turns out he was joking with his Spanish teacher. FML."

Well I can see how that could be misinterpreted, but still. Some people need to learn its always better to mind your own business. Hope you cleared it out with your manager OP.

Or if they do intervene, they should be more polite about it and find out what is happening first.

Ask is she wants to speak in dog language as she's obviously a bitch.

*Cue tumblr triggered meme* I find that offensive as I am a dog person! ... And if you think I'm serious, I feel sorry for you

sethsmith11 21

That was great. Possibly one of the best comments I've seen

Thank you. I'm glad I can contribute my sass to society.

turtlesman 7

I did this to my Japanese teacher and got a raise..... lololol

Some people need to mind their own business.

I'm definetly with you on that one. I hate people who think they know what is going on when they really don't. This FML is a perfect example, that girl didn't know who that guy was or why you said it. She is definitely dumb that is for sure.

I agree here it turned out to be nothing, and yelling didn't help but I do think if we hear racism we should say something. But maybe not jump to conclusions?

Sorry OP some people just cry racist for anything, it's actually quite sad and ironic how those kind of people see racism in everyone else. Yet they are obviously the one with issues.

jentrynicole 20

Shows you just how much people shouldn't judge until they know the whole story.