By Anonymous - 02/03/2017 10:00 - United States - Ithaca

Today, my first grade student apologized for cutting his bangs off in class, and explained that it was his mom's birthday and he had wanted to make her an origami flower. Out of his hair. FML
I agree, your life sucks 7 117
You deserved it 677

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ah, yes. Origami, the ancient Japanese art of hair folding.

Uh, simple misunderstandings like this are pretty common. I recently handed in a TPS report comprised entirely of toenails; turns out they wanted it on paper! Hahaha, no big deal!

Comments

alternative-facts 6

Gee, that's not creepy at all. Today, my wonderful, thoughtful son gave me a birthday card. He made out of his own hair. FML

Ah, yes. Origami, the ancient Japanese art of hair folding.

Uh, simple misunderstandings like this are pretty common. I recently handed in a TPS report comprised entirely of toenails; turns out they wanted it on paper! Hahaha, no big deal!

th3_huntsman 1

Did you use the correct cover page?

A son with a prematurely receding hairline -- every mother's dearest birthday wish!

That's actually really sweet if not a bit whack haha. Kids are the darndest and have the most original ideas sometimes

Nice idea, poor execution. I mean, I've heard of giving people braids of your hair as a cultural family thing, but that's a different matter. Though, I guess hypothetically if you weaved cloth from your hair you would be able to make something like origami, but that'd take a lot of hair and lot of time.

species4872 19

Sounds fair enough, at least he was thoughtful.

Actually that was a fashion trend back in 1960 or 1970ies. I remember my mom had several professionally made hair flowers. Those were used to decorate beehive type of hairdo on very special occasions. And later when they went out of fashion - for child's play. Own hair or bought, didn't need much, a thin strand would be enough. Consisted 50:50 of hair and hairspray. As far as I understand they were made by laying a thin layer of hair on paper, spray, dry, fold/bend, cut in shape, remove paper. Not exactly as origami, they had soft bends not sharp folds.

Dude, it's a child, probably 6 or 7, they don't know any better so be easier on them christ. I can understand if this was a High School student, but this is just a child.

Yeah, he's very clever for his age. I wouldn't even thought of that. Sweet kid.

This was posted on Reddit. I wonder if you're that person.