By Mary C. - 23/03/2015 01:58 - United States - Mendota

Today, while my in-laws were visiting, my two-year old accidentally pushed the door wide open while I was sitting on the toilet. My mother-in-law laughed, took out her cell phone, snapped a picture of me and posted it on Facebook for everyone in our family to see. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 542
You deserved it 3 564

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What the hell is wrong with your mother in law

Mother-in-laws causing trouble since the beginning of time

Comments

It baffling what some people think is OK to post on FB. I would contact FB and have the post removed. I would also suggest a talk with your in law pointing out your invasion of privacy. Then block her and any post your tagged in. Maybe she'll get the message.

YDI for not locking the door? Unless there wasn't a lock of course.

Attacksloth 33

Honestly that's harassment, so it's pretty intolerable. What's extra-stupid is how if you did that to her, she'd probably get so angry that I'd be surprised if she didn't throw something heavy at you. I hope your family is mature and pleasant enough to reprimand her.

Report the picture and Facebook will take it down. Or you can do the same to her. Surprise her while she's taking a giant dump.

Wth? Why would your family post that? Sorry op, some family members have no sense of what a joke is

Not cool. That's a total violation and she had no right posting photos of someone else in embarrassing situations.

wait what? oh I see! you meant "monster- in- law"

musicismyair 23

I'm pretty sure it's illegal (at least in my state) to take or post pictures of someone without their permission. It's kind of sad how often things like this happen.

I'm pretty sure if it were illegal to take or post pictures of people without their permission the entire news industry would crash.

In most places it is legal to take pictures of someone without permission if they're in a public place (at a park, in a store, etc.) but not if their in their home or in a place where they would expect privacy (changeroom, toilet stall). Don't know the law in Illinois, but this is probably illegal.