By zzyx - 22/09/2009 03:19 - United States

Today, there was a fire alarm in my dorm. Just as I was leaving my room, a lady in the hallway told me that it was a drill and they'd be inspecting rooms, so I would need to leave my door unlocked. When I came back, my room was trashed and my laptop, speakers, and jewelry were gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 667
You deserved it 16 918

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm going to assume she was lying and was the one who stole your stuff, right? I've never heard of inspections during fire drills... anyway, hopefully you remember what she looks like for a good police sketch.

That's a bit of a dumb thing to say on a website called '**** my life'...

Comments

Anyone who has the authority to inspect your room has a key to it already, retard.

IDIOT. Always lock your room during a fire drill. Firefighters have a master key.

YDI. If it was a fire drill nobody who have said so otherwise people won't leave their rooms like in a real fire which is waht fire drills are supposses to do, make you think it's a real fire. Also, if they have the authority the inspect student's rooms then they have a master key. Sometimes being a little paranoid pays off in life. I'll lock my doors even if it's the middle of the day. You never know when someone will try to break in.

I definitely did not write this. FML got my comment confused with someone else's. :/

Are you serious?? That's ridiculous! They really need to get around to fixing these comments for us. :(

Finally, over a week later, it is fixed. :] Damn, this FML i really only a week and a few days old? Time is crawling.

Ok dumbass..and who was this "lady' that told you this? Was it your RA or some ******* stranger? Most likely a stranger and most likely the burglar or accomplice to the person that jacked your shit....totally ****** deserve it.

wearinsexypants 0

I used to be an RA... RA's have master keys. So do people from facilities. If you had locked your room, not only would they still have been able to get in to do their inspection, if your stuff had still been taken you would have a much stronger case that a school employee took it as opposed to someone random. As to the person who says that Fire Drill inspections are a bull shit excuse for us to look for banned shit in your room, that's way off. Fire Drill inspections serve two purposes. 1, they make sure that all the residents leave the building and participate in the drill, so they know where to go etc, and 2, they give the RA's practice for real emergencies, becasue we have to do the same thing in both cases. True, if we happen to see something banned that is OBVIOUS, we have to document it, but we don't go looking for it. We're supposed to act like its an emergency, not dally around searching. Besides, we don't need a bullshit excuse to inspect your stuff. Since the dorms are owned by the university, employees have the right to inspect them. Usually we only do it when the residents are acting like idiots, cuz then they deserve it.

paladininwaiting 1

I only said YDI because you should never trust anyone in this day and age.....dummy.

That really sucks - that happened to me a few years back, except nothing got stolen. Some moron just decided to smear bright blue gum all over my stuff.

Brooklynxman 0

You do know all the RA's have master key's to every room in their dorm, right? And that they wouldn't need you to leave to room unlocked, right? And that they wouldn't have a fire drill to do room inspection, right? And that you should be describing that woman to the police in your police report, right? Although, assuming you're a freshman, they played on your inexperience. Otherwise, you're just dumb.

ithedarkone 0

Damn that sucks bro... Lol That happen to a kid i know he went back to his dorm room just to find his x box 360 and like 300 dollars got stolen... Lol that's why i stay home for schools dont have to pay for a stupid room the size of a closet and shower and share bathrooms with nasty pig flu bitches... XD

Stuff like this kinda makes me paranoid, y'know? D: