By zzyx - 22/09/2009 03:19 - United States

Today, there was a fire alarm in my dorm. Just as I was leaving my room, a lady in the hallway told me that it was a drill and they'd be inspecting rooms, so I would need to leave my door unlocked. When I came back, my room was trashed and my laptop, speakers, and jewelry were gone. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 665
You deserved it 16 917

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm going to assume she was lying and was the one who stole your stuff, right? I've never heard of inspections during fire drills... anyway, hopefully you remember what she looks like for a good police sketch.

That's a bit of a dumb thing to say on a website called '**** my life'...

Comments

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

That's a bit of a dumb thing to say on a website called '**** my life'...

fmlfmlfml15 0

It's called common sense. When RAs do room inspections, they have a key that opens the rooms, so it wouldn't matter if the OP left the door locked anyway. In this case, it should have been locked.

LOL #1 thats the whole point of this website fail.

Reyo 2

turn the bitch in. DUH! She was either doing inspections like she said, and forgot to lock the door after her; she's at fault. She did that to steal your stuff; she's at fault. She didn't do inspections like she said; she's at fault. Moral of the story: SHE'S AT FAULT.

Or maybe someone else knew that the doors would be unlocked and stole the stuff after the people inspect the rooms.

Strike1 0

More like YDI for being gullible. Had the same thing on my mind though. I can't think of anyone who does inspections during a fire drill, and you should really only let your RA's or someone you know from the faculty inspect like that while you are present.

And really anyone who should be inspecting your room would have a key anyway

SerenaSerenadex3 13

You know they took the word gullible out of the dictionary? ;)

Thats kind of odd of her to do, seeing as you will be living with each other for a whole year, you would think she would know you would find out. That sucks though, we have fire drills at my college all the time too.

unless she isnt part of the apartment complex and was the one starting the fire drill in order to get into people's room.

I'm going to assume she was lying and was the one who stole your stuff, right? I've never heard of inspections during fire drills... anyway, hopefully you remember what she looks like for a good police sketch.

It happens. I'm a student at UHawai'i, and we have two fire drills during the first couple weeks of each semester. During those two drills, the RAs, HDs, and RLCs each take a floor, to ensure "proper evacuation." It's actually just a bull shit excuse to see if they can find anything that shouldn't be there, ie candles, incense, pot, or anything else that is banned from the dorms. However, to the OP, YFDI for not being able to recognize someone as an RA or not. You should at least know what the RAs in your building look like, and be able to recognize them.

amsedel 1

yea...they had a fire drill in my college and they inspected our dorms...

brendiz 0

LOL wow people come up with all kinds of ways to steal your stuff now a days... FTW

ExplodingToaster 6

See you at McDonald's. Large fries and Cheeseburger please.

I'm sure your boyfriend knows exactly what this "lady " looks like. YDI for ******* some other girl's boyfriend, you ****! "Inspecting rooms?" What an ultramaroon! Hey, did you know if you say the word "gullible" over and over very slowly and loudly, it will eventually sound like "Green Bears?"

You know, I still can't decide whether you are a complete asshole, or the funniest person on this site plex. Although, generally you have a good point... and to OP, that sucks, but I really wouldn't doubt it if you did something to deserve their wrath. EDIT: any1 else think that FML has gone way to pg rated in the past few months?

Only a lot. They don't even post any of the "intimacy" ones on the front page anymore

arienh4 0

They probably got an email from some angry mother who saw her son reading a 'mature' FML.

abouttofly 12

Wow, even on an FML with nothing to do with sex, you still manage to call someone a ****. Well done.

#14, don't worry. Almost everyone has a hard time making that decision for a little while. It usually takes 2-4 days, but if it takes more than a week you should see your doctor.

Sirrush, Why can't I be both? Complete assholes can be funny.

emmmilyyy 0

YDI for being a gullible ****. Why would you believe that. If there really was an inspection they wouldve had the master key so you shouldve locked your door anyway. Idiot

Sure, it was a naive thing to do but those who're laughing at it disgust me. Do you only come here to laugh (not saying that none are funny but being robbed is hardly funny).