By rightinthekarma - 19/12/2012 15:26 - Australia - Newcastle

Today, the girl I dumped three years ago because she wouldn't take my band seriously is now a successful and rich environmental scientist. Meanwhile, I'm still unemployed, living with my parents, and can barely remember how to play a guitar. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 986
You deserved it 82 511

Same thing different taste

Top comments

PowerRussia 2

Lol that's what you get for dumping her for a dumbass reason dude. YDI

BeforeItWasCool 12

In a way, YDI. It seems you were one of the idiots who had no backup plan just in case music didn't work out. But in another way, I respect you for attempting your dreams. Maybe try getting a stable job, and getting your life back on track, and one day maybe you could try again! Just keep a job, and another plan on the back-burner, just in case!

Comments

By "wouldn't take my band seriously" do you mean she didn't want to support you until you got your "big break?" If only three years later you are "still unemployed" (which tells me that you weren't employed at the time either) "and can barely remember how to play a guitar" that tells me YOU didn't take it seriously enough either. How does someone who wants to do something as a career not keep practicing that skill? I'm guessing you didn't really want to be a musician, but a rock star. And not only were you lacking dedication to your supposed "passion", but on top of it you were also foolish enough not to acquire a lucrative skill with a more attainable alternate career in mind. A big fat YDI for you, my friend.

She keeps writing songs about her crappy relationships, guys leaving, etc. If it happens so often, does she ever think that SHE may be the problem?

She was a hater girl, You said see you later girl, She wasn't good enough for youuu. You're not a superstar, She is gonna go far, You should have known what she was woooorth. Eh, close enough.

You're gonna be big someday #30. Rock on brother

She was going to leave you sooner or later.

1dvs_bstd 41
KingCeltic77 18

Dude, of course she wouldn't take your band seriously. People didn't take AC/DC seriously when they first started. In fact, when Malcolm and Angus' told their parents, they said, "I'll give it a week". They didn't abandon their parents. They're still close. You can't dump her just because she doubts you a little. If I have a band, I want us to be successful, but I doubt it will happen. You need a backup plan. Few bands get really successful. Either way, playing should be fun.

I can't understand why she's famous. She can barely sing , and her songs are poorly written.

Isn't that ironic I-R-O-N-I-C almost as ironic as a water park burning to the ground

Lmao god damn I don't care all ya can bury my comment that shit is too damn funny