By fedUPwithPEOPLE - United States - Enterprise
Today, the city shut off our water, because they said we didn't pay the bill. Turns out, it was sitting on their desk the whole time. I guess sending someone out to turn off our water was easier than checking to see if we'd actually paid the bill. FML
Add a comment
You must be logged in to be able to post comments!
Create my account Sign in
Top comments
  Welshite  |  39

Why? It's an easily rectified problem, and not sue-worthy. My water gets turned off without notice when maintenance is done by the city. Sometimes it's out for a couple of days, and there isn't anything to do but complain. Suing for stupid things like this breaks what /should/ be a system to protect citizens.

  PhotoSmith  |  25

Depending on where you live, that may not be possible. I live in a rural area, and I'm lucky the village hall has a computer to send notices. everything else is hand written.

  baseballbv  |  17

You must work for a small company then. Typically cash receipts is separated from invoicing/billing as a check and balance. Either way the person in charge screwed up.

  kirito51  |  5

Don't know what organisation you work for but usually they never split them they all go through the same person. Also it's inefficient and causes cock ups like this

By  Hiimhaileypotter  |  52

Your name is spot on, haha. That's happened to my grandparents with bills for their businesses once or twice, it's ridiculous. It's like the people responsible don't pay attention half the time.