By Anonymous - 20/06/2009 17:14 - United States

Spicy
Today, one of my good friends confided in me about the affair she is having with our boss. She'd been sleeping with him for 3 months and told me they were in love, but it had to be kept quiet due to our company's very strict anti-fraternization policy . I'd been secretly seeing him all year. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 308
You deserved it 23 882

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bangarang_Rufio 0

Now would be a good time to jump for that promotion lol. You know, since you got HIM a raise first.

Hahaha I bet there wasn't even an anti- fraternizing policy, just a way for your boss to play both of you and make sure you kept quiet :P

Comments

I hope you told your friend and then you both dumped your boss.

I put both FYL and YDI. Your company has an anti-fraternization policy for a reason, what you were (are?) doing is very unethical and dangerous for your career. Your boss is an asshole but this wouldn't have happened if you followed the rules.

Anti-fraternization policies are ridiculous. What if the love of your life is the guy/girl in the cubicle next to you but you can't be together because your company has an anti-fraternization policy? OP: Your boss is an ass and you should definitely tell your best friend that you've been seeing him for a year and then you need to both dump him!

it's one thing to date a co-worker, but it's never ethical to date your boss. if the love of your life happens to be your superior, one or both of you needs to find work elsewhere. a boss sleeping with his subordinate causes all kinds of problems.

FrostyNorth 0

#42: That's a weak argument. No-dating policies are meant to prevent public relationships from interfering with work. If you can keep your private relationship private, no problem. If you're like the couple on 'the Office,' letting your drama get into the workplace, then you'll be fired.

bahahaha 0

HAHAHA. LMAO. this is my favorite FML yet

@#13 perhaps you should pull the tree out of your ass and get a sense of humor hmmm?

Yeah, because this is really hilarious, right? The guy's an asshole. Even if it was said in jest, it's not that funny.

RJB 0

*being a doctor* I'm sorry but honestly I think its extremely far up there probaly will never come out. and I cant prescribe the humor becuase frankly he's allerigc to it. :-)

Hahaha I bet there wasn't even an anti- fraternizing policy, just a way for your boss to play both of you and make sure you kept quiet :P

Animati0n 0

Wow, that's pretty unfortunate. I wonder what he's going to say/do when you both confront him.

twindaddy 0

Never mix business and pleasure.

Agreed, it's always a bad idea to stick the pen in the company ink.

You both should find a way to get back at your boss

WOW. what a bunch of *****. its interesting to know what ***** go thru.

Ooh I bet he told you both to keep it quiet just so the other wouldn't find out, and no one would actually care if people fraternized in the office. What an asshole :(.