By stabbed with kindness - 02/03/2013 21:44 - Russian Federation - Elektrostal

Today, on the way home, a guy yelled "Hey, YOU!" from behind me, so I walked faster. He ran up to me, shouting, "I said stop, asshole!" I almost pissed myself in fear, thinking I was being mugged. Turns out I'd left my wallet at the grocery store, and he was just trying to return it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 523
You deserved it 45 185

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Omfgitsmia 15

He could've just yelled that you dropped your wallet.

Comments

Was it at night in a quiet part of town? That seems unlikely, seeing that you just left a grocery store. If it was in broad daylight, it seems less rational to be that scared. Someone who mugs you during the day usually does so quietly, not to attract attention. I never really understood the "just ignore and keep walking" approach for muggers / rapists anyway. What does it accomplish?

It's not very unlikely to leave a grocery store at night. I work late hours so I always go grocery shopping late at night. Also, if a mugger or rapist was following you, what would you do? I would absolutely try to run away.

xXHollowIchigoXx 17

Well, #36 & #96. I've been mugged 4 times in my life. And I'll tell you, if someone is going at you with the intent to mug you, it will happen. [My second time] If you try to run away, they'll chase you down and take it by force (from my experience). Also [This was my first time] they dont like it when you ignore them. you also shouldn't say something like "get out of my way" or "get a job". It'll make them angry. My third and fourth times, I actually answered him/them. And cooperated, and things ran smoothly. Sure, I lost over $60 on the last 2, but considering those times they were nice enough to give me back my debit card and not hit me (they mentioned they had knifes) I say the above post is right. The whole "ignore muggers, keep walking" doesn't work. Hint of advice, always walk with someone by your side. Even if you don't know them. Can save you from a possible fifth.

98 - my point exactly. If they are going to mug you, they will. It's not like ignoring them will make them go away. As for my "at night" statement, I guess I didn't realize grocery stores were open at night elsewhere. Stuff usually closes at 8 max around here.

poodle_juice 17

This reminds me of that episode of Spongebob where there they were trying to teach ManRay how to be nice and the guy thinks he's mugging him.

More like the episode where they're selling chocolates but at the same time they're running away from the fish screaming "CHOCOLATES!" He wants those darn chocolates.

Huh? I don't remember him asking some random fish... Maybe my memory is being clogged by him trying to return Patrick's wallet?

In the Chocolates episode I love the part when Patrick drops the chocolate bars out of his pants and one chocolate kiss rolls out.

skyttlz 32

It kind of reminds me of the episode with Whatzit Tooya

I tell my asshole to stop all the time. I would have figured he just had a bad case of the runs.

Well, while the guy was nice enough to return your wallet, it would have been easier on the both of you if he had just said "Hey, sir, you dropped your wallet!" Or something like that. But maybe I'm just insane.

Basically the same thing I was trying to say , though I believe my addition of the word douche in my comment made everyone thumb me down and proceed to defend the guy calling OP an asshole... Ironic really

CharresBarkrey 15

Jeez, 48, you're taking these 'thumbs' way too personally.

If I was the guy I probably would've mistaken your paranoia for ignorance so you're lucky he wasn't so quick to judge.

No drugs were involved in your paranoid delusional thinking?

Wow. If you think he's paranoid and delusional, you obviously know nothing about crime in Moscow.

Is it really bad enough for one to start fearing for their lives just because someone called out to them?

It's pretty bad in the capital, yeah. Though he didn't say he feared for his life, just that he thought he was being mugged, and that's a damn common thing there.

Heh, yeah, I was kinda exaggerating on that point... Well, I can sorta understand OP's initial reaction, in that case... Can't be too careful in that situation.

KareBear7364 5

lol him calling you an asshole isn't the way to go about things. sorry op but at least u got your wallet back!

Mynameislinh 24
Nik2B345 5

Hahahaha, I would have laughed if someone called me asshole since I never get called out. U definitely deserved that one OP for assuming

RedPillSucks 31

I got a lol at the user name. I can just image... *now lie back, sir, while I gently plunge this knife into your back. Oh wait, you forgot your wallet at the store. I'll return it to you as I gently flay the skin off your face*