By Seule - 29/06/2016 04:07 - Switzerland - Pully

Today, on a movie date with my boyfriend, it took me a while to understand why he was leaning on his elbow during the entire thing. He had an earpiece cupped in his hand and was listening to a soccer match. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 215
You deserved it 1 702

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I'm a huge fan of soccer, I can totally see myself doing that. Though it is a bit rude, it's not like you were trying to engage conversation throughout the movie. On another note, what game was he listening to?

At least he attempted to make you happy by coming with you. He could have ditched you completely to see the game instead

Comments

DeadxManxWalking 27

I can imagine him jumping up and screaming "GOOOOOAAALLL" whenever his team scores.

Who are the uptight jerks that downvote comments like this? #11 I find the situation super funny and your comment cracked me up ;)

Well, if he's that passionate about football, it's just not a good idea to plan date nights during matches he wants to follow. Just let him enjoy his hobby, and do something fun together when there's no match on. Then again, maybe this was his way to find a compromise between enjoying the match, and spending time with you doing something you felt like doing, which is a little bit sweet, though obviously awkward to find out.

Clinky92 18

Well at least that shows that he's a really good listener. Get it? No? Ok

And then of course there's the fact that the soccer game is LIVE and the movie can be seen any time. But still, I imagine he didn't 'score' later, did he?

At least he still went with you. He could have just ditched you to actually watch the game.

At least he wanted to take you, he could've just told you "no" just so he could watch the soccer game.

How about instead of going on a movie date invest time in doing what he likes? Soccer/football is obviously very important to him. A game is generally at most 2 hours, it wouldn't kill you to watch.

Well we don't know what movie that was. May be it was just THAT bad.

LAURA_EL_JUICE 6

I know the pain, our whole life has been revolving around sports especially soccer and thats an all year around thing. ugh

If he's listening to soccer then you don't have a boyfriend, you have a girlfriend.

I'm willing to bet you're American. This FML is from Switzerland and it just so happens that soccer is the most popular sport in the world. Most of us in America just missed the memo way back. Doesn't excuse comments like yours.