By Pk45 - 11/11/2011 15:37 - United Kingdom

Today, my young son wanted to rent some movie with talking animals in it for us to watch together. I couldn't say no, but talking animal movies freak me out big time, I either start to cry or feel nauseous. Especially ones with dogs. What is wrong with me? FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 900
You deserved it 8 260

Same thing different taste

Top comments

cradle6 13

Face your fear? Grow up? Get a real talking animal to desensitize you? I'm not all that sure.

perdix 29

Because you can't suspend disbelief. I'd freak out if dogs could suddenly talk. Mine would probably tell everyone about the peanut butter!

Comments

ramboman19 8

It sounds like a bad childhood experience. Hmmmm.... (puts fist to chin like psychologist)

BRidgetg123 0

you've smelled one too many raunchy animal farts..I understand

I would suggest Homeward Bound. Their mouths don't move and it's a good movie.

I want to say that sounds like a good idea, but desensitization isn't something to be attempted willy-nilly without a lot of care and a lot of awareness of the nature of the problem. It can backfire horribly.

XavierMedina 0

Your an adult it's time for you to grow up of that fear.

Difficult to take growing up advice from someone who's yet to master the difference between your and you're.

iamwilson12 4

..... maybe a traumatic event when you were young, like a pedo-mascot?....

Mipz 2

That's an odd phobia. Lookin that one up ^.^

If your reaction is that strong, you may have experienced some trauma and repressed the memory. Seriously, you should consider seeing a therapist to see if you can uncover what's going on inside you.