By Anonymous - 01/06/2017 18:00

Today, my wife is threatening divorce because I won't hire her son, my stepson, at the company I work at. Even the lowest position at my company requires a degree in computing, and prior experience. My stepson dropped out of high school to "discover himself" 12 years ago. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 781
You deserved it 359

Same thing different taste

Top comments

SaltyAsFuck 3

Heres what you do: transfer all your money into an account that you "dont own" and serve that beezy divorce papers. Shes not a keeper bro if shes willing to leave you over not hiring her deadbeat son. ...or you know hire his ass as a part time janitor.

Honestly, I'm sure she has her good side, you married her after all, but an all too common mistake made is that we become far too lenient on the bad qualities because we know about the good qualities. She entered a sacred vow of unity with you, for better or for worse. Now she's threatening you and using that vow as a tool of control. That's dangerously close to emotional abuse. It's time to have a very serious talk with the woman about what the marriage means to both of you. I'm not saying definitely divorce her, but from what you're saying, it's time to financially and legally prepare yourself for the worst. She may be a lovely woman aside from how she views her son, but that doesn't necessarily mean she was ready for marriage. Best of luck, OP. Sincerely.

Comments

missyfiona89 28

I'm sure there are some toilets to be cleaned and coffee to be made. You'll find a use for a high school dropout.

Your janitors and landscaping crew have computing degrees? ****, that's an educated workforce!!!!

A lot of professional type companies (tech, engineering, etc) contract with a local cleaning service or the building owner that is leasing the office space to the company has a contract with a cleaning service to clean.

I have a college education in computer technology. I work as a part time facility Attendant, cleaning a sports facility. something that doesn't even require computer degree, I know they have a quite a standard

sounds like the perfect candidate to be a janitor !!!!

Help him discover if he can use a toilet brush and mop.

TheyCallMeDamien 17

Well he just discovered he needs a degree to be employed at the company you work for. Hopefully she's just speaking out of frustration.

When one person in a marriage threatens the other with divorce, then a divorce is very likely unless both take some serious marriage counseling.

Sounds like you should consider taking her up on her offer.

Well to be honest if you're wife was a reasonable person then she'd never bring up getting divorced to get her way. In agreement with some others, time to get some bitcoin or bury your cash.