By Anonymous - 06/02/2013 11:12 - United States

Today, my son threw the biggest fit in history about going to the dentist. He broke a whole stack of plates, overflowed the bathtub, let the dog loose, and kicked his father when he tried to calm him down. My son is 17. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 569
You deserved it 36 119

Same thing different taste

Top comments

BubbleGrunge 18

Sounds like someone still needs his ass whooped! I understand he's 17, but if you want to act like a child than you should be treated like a child!

Comments

perdix 29

Make sure he doesn't get a lollipop when the dentist visit is over! That'll show him. Schedule him for a prostate exam and a colonoscopy. Preferably also performed by the dentist. You need to get you money's worth out of his tantrum.

The colonoscopy and prostate exam before the dentist exam with the same gloves the whole time. That'll teach him.

perdix 29

This is what I love about FML -- the collaborative brainstorming. You took my good idea and made it epic!

dblogic 19

I think this is the best reply I've ever read! Thanks for the best laugh I've had yet today :)

That's really disturbing. Health care is a right, not a punishment. Do you actually think that he's going to get over his hatred of the dentist by doing that? No. If anything he's never going to attend a doctors appointment ever again.

That boy needs discipline. That's pretty embarrassing for a 17 year old to be acting that way.

next time hes gonna throw a fit say "go ahead, break a leg". then he'll have to go to the hospital. You - 1 oversized tantrum child - 1

I still wear the belt my late father used to discipline me with :)

BellaBelle_fml 23

Oh man, there was nothing more terrifying than the sound of my father's belt flying through the belts loops. Po-po-po-po-po-po-po-POW!!! You know judgement has come!

shiarrael 13

Well the dentist isn't something that everyone exactly likes to go to, but at that age, he should know better.

You should've started young so it became a habit not torture. If he would've went more often, he wouldn't be so freaked out to go! However, he is 17. Make him pay for all damages. Handle your anger in a mature way OPs son.

*started young with a GOOD dentist I started young with a bad dentist; problems ever since, though not as bad as OP's kid.

skyeyez9 24

You could kick him out once he turns 18 and change the door locks. He sounds like a violent asshole and I would be fearful of having someone like that living with me.