By kay51 - 24/11/2012 18:41 - United Kingdom

Today, my room-mates were inspired by a TV show to make a "douchebag jar", into which we have to put money every time we say something obnoxious. It seems like I can't open my mouth without having to cough up £10. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 782
You deserved it 27 469

Same thing different taste

Top comments

New girl? Try not to be such a douche, brah.

Well don't say stupid things. YOLO and swag are douchey so stop saying them.

Comments

I can understand curse words but obnoxious? Who determines what is obnoxious ? It could be any and everything spoken.

Even then, while it could be the "curse words in front of people who are uncomfortable with them" jar(Although, that would be a fairly silly jar name), whether or not you use curse words is still a personal choice, and is not something you should stop people from doing, as long as they are being respectful about it. In general, I think making people pay for saying things is unreasonable, even if what they say is douche-y.

When I was little my parents had a jar for when ever they cursed, or I said "I don't know" "ummm" or "like" (I said those words often) and whenever my brother said something that was on his list of words. We had to pay a quarter each time. It payed our trip to Disney

This reminds me of a previous FML about a woman who found out that her bf uses sex to get her to shut up. Find that guy and you'd be better off ;)

T9FTW 20

How exactly do those relate to one another?

crazytwinsmom 25

If he shuts her up, then she won't say obnoxious things to have to put money in the jar for.

I wonder who gets to judge whether what someone says is obnoxious or not

Lol. Probably the most obnoxious person in the group. Oh the irony!

That whole "takes one to know one" thing...

Ok they totally have it in for you. I bet they made it with you in mind.

Well this "douchebag jar" might just teach you a lesson and make you realize that you should change your ways.

JustMery 9

THE NEW GIRL. I love that show. Your roommates are awesome. Good luck with that though, OP.

OP, your roommates started this because they can't stand you. I wonder what the money goes toward.

Get a pen and paper and write down everything you have to say.

But it's so fun to be a douchebag:) unless your an actual ass about it

Is it really so difficult to not even be a fake ass and not be an ass at all?

How is this a "YDI?" If she was saying stuff like "yolo" and "swag" it's understood, but really?

CharresBarkrey 15

Who says she wasn't saying that?