By Anonymous - 13/08/2014 15:19 - United States - Wichita Falls

Spicy
Today, my professor told everyone that he thinks all med students should be required to get a catheter and an enema at least once in their lives so they can relate to their patients, saying, "Gentlemen, it might change your lives." FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 276
You deserved it 7 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Having experienced both and seeing how completely unsympathetic my doctors were to pain and discomfort I agree with him.

Comments

Johnny Knoxville had to manually insert a catheter every time he wanted to pee for about a year when he broke his penis.

cadillacgal79 32

*cringes* I can't imagine what a broken penis would feel like. >.

I would hope not, considering it says you're a girl.

cjwayy 22

How in the hell do you break your penis???

askullnamedbilly 33

You can't, actually. Humans don't have bones in their penis, so technically, there is nothing to be broken. The term 'penile fracture' actually describes a rupture, but the effects are very similar to a bone break, which is why I imagine people get confused. There is apparently a popping or cracking sound, significant bruising, swelling and of course intense pain.

It's probably about as painful as breaking the cartilage in your nose but not the bones, that one happened to me and it hurt like hell. Trying to pee through a broken penis is probably on par with sneezing with a broken nose.

Dirtbike landed on it after he went off a jump

I agree with your instructor. It will make you more sensitive to what the patients are going through.

Anya_5 8
marchingfanatic 2

Had to do both and only 16... I agree with the professor

I don't understand. Why is this an FML? Your professor gave an opinion that doesn't single you out in anyway. Your professor is right anyway.

Yea, it isn't like the professor said in order to pass the final you must insert a catheter into you & give yourself an enema. Or did they OP? I feel we need a follow up.

23lf 16

That's an interesting thing to say...

Anya_5 8

I sounds like the professor wants everyone to feel his pain.