By Anonymous - 15/10/2013 20:52 - United Kingdom - Stretham

Today, my parents dropped by my new house, and my mother offered to tidy up for me while I was out. After they left, I noticed that her "tidying up" included throwing out all the pictures of my girlfriend and replacing them with pictures of herself. FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 587
You deserved it 4 832

Same thing different taste

Top comments

miyaviichan 27

Sit her down and talk with her, OP. I don't get why moms do this. Same thing happened with my ex's mom, basically.

Comments

Brittface 6

Thats aweful, but at the same time kind of hilarious.

It does sort of fill you with awe, doesn't it?

Medd_fml 13

Your mom is feeling abandoned, OP. Sit her down and talk.

With any luck you should still be able to retrieve the pictures of your girlfriend, either way you need to have a heart to heart with your mum. Good luck op

TheCaramelKing 11
olpally 32

Throw her pictures out now. Your house, your rules. And ask why the **** she did that? How rude.

Right, because that's not immature at all.

olpally 32

His mother was being immature when she did that also. Duh. Mother needs to let go.

21/32: Better idea. Throw out all pictures of her husband (dad or stepdad, we don't know) and replace them all with OP. That'd teach her really quickly!

Rainhawk94 27

Id just place a picture over the fireplace of op naked wrestling a bear

52 - Just find a picture of Vladimir Putin doing that and superimpose OP's face

TallMist 32

#26 No. It's not immature to expect your parents to respect your property. ESPECIALLY if your old enough to move out of your parent's(parents') place. Just because they raised you does NOT mean they get control over your entire life. This was taking it too far.

I don't get how people can do something like that...even if I didn't see anything wrong with removing the girlfriend pics, I couldn't put pics of myself up - it's so cringey and self-obsessive! I'd be too embarrassed.

How can't you see anything wrong with removing the girlfriend's pics?

Uh, I do. I said 'even if I didn't' meaning, well, even if I didn't. The key word is 'if'. And 'even'.

Yeah, sorry. I meant, in general. More like "How could anyone think it's okay?". Bad choice of words. In any case, your keyword is "didn't", not the others. You could still say "Even if I don't see anything wrong [...]", and it would have a complete different meaning.

Huh, good point. I think the 'if' is still important as it signifies that it's a hypothetical situation, rather than the actual way I feel, but yes, it could mean the complete opposite with 'don't' instead of 'didn't' as well. Interesting stuff.

I've noticed mothers tend to have an odd jealousy when it comes to their sons having girlfriends. I never quite understood it. Maybe she wants you to be a mamas boy forever?

I'm not sure if I'm correct, as I'm not a mother, but I think it's because of a belief that "no one can take care of my baby like I can". Again, it's just a guess. Anyone with knowledge on the subject, feel free to correct me.

Yep. My girlfriend went to Europe for a week and my mom was gleeful. When she came back my mom got all sullen and irritated. This is the same mom that keeps asking me when I'm leavin then freaks out if I leave the house.

what I have to womder is what goes through the mother's mind. Its as if OPs mom was like, "I hope you find a nice girl. It doesn't matter who she is as long as you love each other" then suddenly after says, "and as long as I like her, if not then tough luck." Why wont some mothers make up their mind?

Just a Quick Question... Why did you let your mother "tidy up" your house for you?