By Almost_Homeless - 23/04/2014 12:43 - Canada - London

Today, my landlord started showing my apartment, where I have lived and paid rent for over 2 years, to prospective tenants. I didn't realize that I was moving. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 993
You deserved it 3 402

Same thing different taste

Top comments

honeybeeki 14

That's against the law. You should report him.

SDee1234 11

Comments

Attacksloth 33

I live in Ontario and I believe a landlord needs to apply with the Landlord and Tenant Board to begin the eviction process of the tenant... but the tenant can only legally be evicted and moved out once A. the lease expires, or B. the Board approves the eviction If the OP hasn't renewed his or her contract, and their lease is expired, the landlord has the right to have them removed with, but from what I've been reading, 28 days notice is required. If they are being removed before the lease is expired, then they should take it up with a lawyer or with the Board, because without permission by the Board, it's illegal and a major dick move.

RP0027 3

Put a for rent sign at his place with a google voice number and start arranging plans and stuff then when a uhaul shows up at his place record it and youtube it...LOL

thats unfair. involve police dept. in this situation

I can't even figure out what that first sentence was meant to be.

Maybe he is renting out a unit like yours and wanted to show them one that was already furnished. either way he should have asked your permission first.

legally he has to give you a thirty day notice unless he has gotten something from court to have you moved out with 72 hours and he can only do that if you broke the rental agreement good luck OP please do a follow up.

Landlords are required to give 24hour notice prior to entry of a rental unit unless there is a emergency such as fire, floods,etc. Document what happened and confront him with a witness and tell him that you know your rights!

dekat100 13